Wild vs Capitals; Tuesday 01/23/24; 7:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't watch last 3 games, but listened them on Radio. And we won them in regulation by placing 5 goals and more every game. This what we need to secure our win.

I think I am the winner again by predicting the most accurate score for our team. 🙂

That was a huge win tonight. Very valuable 2 points for us.

And for the our coach Haynes too. According to the radio commentators that win was his 300th win as NHL coach.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

damn couldn't get carcus the Hatty

Sadly he missed a golden chance tonight. Hope next time he will do it. He merit that after playing 800 NHL games. 

2 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Wow, Edm with a 13 gm win streak.

14 games win streak already.They won over Jackets tonight. They also played less games in the league too. Only 43. And we played 47 games. Probably, in our Division the highest  playoffs  spot chance have Jets, Avalanche and Stars. The other 4 teams from our Division still have equal  chance to get a wild card.

The Washington Capitals are a sad sight to see.  They still have great hands but the legs seemed to have diminished greatly for a lot of them.  Johansson had two last night, how many had that on their #mnwild bingo card?!  The team is earning wins, getting closer to that wildcard spot but part of me is kind of ambivalent about it.  

Still, it's more entertaining to watch a team that is trying, working hard and scoring...but part of me still kind of feels its all kind of a sad tease for what will likely be more playoff futility.  

I know Wild fans are calling for Brock Faber to get the Calder, but there is no way he gets it over Connor Bedard.  We may see a great young defenseman but most non-Minnesota media types don't take notice of him over a flashy forward playing in a bigger media market on an Original Six team.  

• Good Post 2

Good that they won, but they are still 5 points out of a playoff spot. And the teams ahead of them keep winning. And almost all of them have games in hand on the Wild. Maybe they put together an Edmonton-like run. Seems unlikely, but who knows.

Faber is a great story (very Joe Mauer-ish, local boy makes good), but I do agree that unless Brock Faber starts scoring goals in bunches, the league will do everything in its power to make sure Connor Bedard gets the Calder.

Edited by IllaZilla
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

The Washington Capitals are a sad sight to see.  They still have great hands but the legs seemed to have diminished greatly for a lot of them.

Yup.  WaPo fan comment consensus is that Kuznetsov and Carlson must go NOW.  Some even say Mantha too despite his recent scoring.  And Oshie often mentioned despite his decent play after returning from injury.

37 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

And the teams ahead of them keep winning.

Too bad the Avs and Stars are next on the Caps’ 4-game ‘Suck so bad Heartland Tour’.

10 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Faber is a great story (very Joe Mauer-ish, local boy makes good), but I do agree that unless Brock Faber starts scoring goals in bunches, the league will do everything in its power to make sure Connor Bedard gets the Calder.

The only way Bedard doesn’t get the Calder is if he misses over half the season. 
Even missing games they will resort to goals per games played versus goals scored. 
+\- will be totally ill relevant as well. Bedard can be the worst +\- on the team and it won’t matter.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tomdog said:

The only way Bedard doesn’t get the Calder is if he misses over half the season. 
Even missing games they will resort to goals per games played versus goals scored. 
+\- will be totally ill relevant as well. Bedard can be the worst +\- on the team and it won’t matter.  

I think his name was put on the trophy before the season started...figuratively.  But I agree with your sentiment.