Tyson Foerster man...

26 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Count me as a fan of this kid Tyson Foerster.

That kid is strong like bull along the boards, makes nifty little plays in small spaces and sees the ice really well.

Top it off with his poor skating being the reason keep his feet moving all the way to the man, he's sneaky good defensively. He doesn't take lazy stick penalties because he's skating to the man's chest. Now does he always stay on his feet?....welllll .

Let me just say if Morgan Frost were to play like Tyson Foerster he'd be a 85 point player, easy.

His shot is ++. I think ol' Chuckles found a good one.

He looks like a boy even with the facial hair, but he's a killer and as he mans up he's going to be a ****** handful. 

I really like watching him play. 

Yes, we have some real snipers in Tippet, Foerester and Brink. Now if we can get some playmaking centers to set them up,so they can reach their maximum offensive output. We had Giroux and Voracek who both passed and never shot, but no finishers, now we have the finishers and no playmaking centers, other than Frost and he has a way to go to be considered a second line center.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

Yeah, I like Foerster's game too. Great goal last night, beating a very good goalie soundly. Vasilevskiy was totally fooled by that shot. He has a lot of good offensive moves, and prowess. He's shifty, though he has to still work on his skating ability. The Flyers have a lot of good, young, promising forwards. That being said, I'd like to see them add a good goal scoring forward at the deadline, along with a backup goalie.  

For Foerster’s sake and all the younger guys who are the Flyers’ future I hope they hang onto a PO spot. The sooner the better to see firsthand how the ice shrinks in the POs, how the pressure goes to 11 … plus it’s just a helluva lot of fun to be in those games. After the year they had it’d be a nice reward and a good (necessary) learning experience.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Good Post 1

I'm just happy Torts is willing to do what it takes to ice the best team at the time and that means playing Coots 12 minutes a night on the 4th and it is working. I'm proud of Coots with the C on showing he is willing to do whatever it takes to help his team win.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

On 2/28/2024 at 11:29 AM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't think Tyson's skating issues are as bad as everyone claims they are.

I don't think so either, he's never going to be Samu Tuoamaala but he's smart enough to find space and skates well enough to get there.

I like how strong he is on the puck and what a good forechecker he is. 

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't think so either, he's never going to be Samu Tuoamaala but he's smart enough to find space and skates well enough to get there.

I like how strong he is on the puck and what a good forechecker he is. 

Yep. My hope is that Foerster's skating tops out similar to Robertson in Dallas. He wasn't a strong skater either and he seems to have adjusted alright.

• Like 1