Bryz another shutout!

Guest scunky420

He didn't have to work real hard tonight but one or two tricky stops... His confidence must be through the roof right now.

And also the first Flyers goalie in over a decade to pitch three straight shutouts... Finally earning his money and it's great to see.

Most of this forum needs to eat some serious crow. Guys with Bryzaster avatars, what a joke.

I was called a troll two months ago because I was saying he'd come around and that everyone was overreacting - and I was killed for it. You can't judge a guy based on half a season, especially coming from the west and the whole 24/7 ordeal.

Glad to see he came around and lets hope he rolls with this play into the playoffs.

Most of this forum needs to eat some serious crow. Guys with Bryzaster avatars, what a joke.

I was called a troll two months ago because I was saying he'd come around and that everyone was overreacting - and I was killed for it. You can't judge a guy based on half a season, especially coming from the west and the whole 24/7 ordeal.

Glad to see he came around and lets hope he rolls with this play into the playoffs.

Sooooooo two weeks > half a season? No.

I'll eat crow in June (hopefully), thanks.

Sooooooo two weeks > half a season? No.

I'll eat crow in June (hopefully), thanks.

Two weeks, really?? Have you checked his stats since Jan? Try three months man!

Not looking to argue with guys, but his treatment earlier in the season was that of the typical impatient goon fan that we are made out to be by ESPN.

I think he deserved a bit more of a break and less hate, but thats just me. Now that he's coming around I think its obvious.

Um, you're welcome!

I obviously take credit for the whole thing. ;)

yes andy it all started with your cutting bryz some slack thread. kudos and a cookie for you, now start one about danny since you have the good mojo
  • Like 1

Not looking to argue with guys, but his treatment earlier in the season was that of the typical impatient goon fan that we are made out to be by ESPN.

I think he deserved a bit more of a break and less hate, but thats just me. Now that he's coming around I think its obvious.

green he was leaking goals left and right it all changed 2nd period of the flames game. which was 9 games ago. then all of a sudden the light went off. since then his head is right. before that he was 1 good 4 bad rinse and repeat

Agreed...Sometimes people need to chill a bit. We all look for instant gratification, but some take things to another level.

I got frustrated with the guy too, but the only thing the team could do was continue to put him on the ice (since that contract really hitches us to the Bryz wagon).

My chief concern now...that team in Pittsburgh...

I will be happy to eat crow if/when he can continue this play. For about 45 games this season,if the Flyers wanted to win with Bryz in goal, they needed to score 5 or more goals. That is generally not conducive to a winning record. Somebody flipped the switch in late January and he suddenly became the 10 million dollar goalie we thought we had at the beginning of the season. I welcome him with open arms but he left in more soft goals than Sandusky molested children for those first 45 games.....

edit...this is my ruxpin post of the week......

I think he is one crazy Russian, even I 'm Russian. I think he was in "seven haven" after getting all this money, believe me being from Russia, it's hard to even imagine, that one day will be such payday. So the time by pass he come down, started to play naturally, so everything is going right for him. Just there's no need a big distraction again. I believed in him even I sworn left and right. Good goalies are always good one. It can be bad stretch but should end one day.

not a bit of it. bryzgalov was awful terrible horrible for months and months. he deserved every tiny little bit of critisism he got here. the flyers are currently 6 points out of first in the east, 10 out of first in the league...and there isn't a shread of doubt in my mind that more than 5 of the losses the flyers suffered this season -more than 10 lost points- were because bryzgalov sucked really really phenominally bad for so long. at LEAST that many points down the toilet because wrist shots from the blueline were giving him fits multiple times every night.

mad crazy props to him for getting his game in shape, and even more so for doing it in spectacular fashion. no question. here's to hoping it continues for 3 more months. regardless, no one was "wrong" about how terrible he was playing, no one should be appologizing or eating any crow on it. not a bit.

as opposed to, say, the people who said jagr would be terrible. those people should be strung up.

Edited by aziz

wait a minute...

not a bit of it. bryzgalov was awful terrible horrible for months and months. he deserved every tiny little bit of critisism he got here. the flyers are currently 6 points out of first in the east, 10 out of first in the league...and there isn't a shread of doubt in my mind that more than 5 of the losses the flyers suffered this season -more than 10 lost points- were because bryzgalov sucked really really phenominally bad for so long. at LEAST that many points down the toilet because wrist shots from the blueline were giving him fits multiple times every night.

mad crazy props to him for getting his game in shape, and even more so for doing it in spectacular fashion. no question. here's to hoping it continues for 3 more months. regardless, no one was "wrong" about how terrible he was playing, no one should be appologizing or eating any crow on it. not a bit.

as opposed to, say, the people who said jagr would be terrible. those people should be strung up.

Unreal that Bryz has four shutouts in five games, Interesting how his game improved with Gossmann coming in to the team.

Forget about the eating crow, just enjoy the ride and enjoy the streak!