OK you Lindy Ruff bashers. Where are you now?

Guest Miller Time

Anyone that thinks there is a guy out there that could do a better job with the Buffalo Sabres you just tell me? I would not trade Lindy for ANYONE. AND THAT INCLUDES RON WILSON. He has held his own when many others would have folded. Like Ron Wilson. True, the Sabres have more talent, but no team had more man injuries and key ones at that. Losing Miller and Myers and Erhoff for a long stretch was just too much to overcome while trying to get new guys like Leino fit into a system. Oh, speaking of Ville, he is playing some great hockey. Has found chemistry and is a team guy.

So Lindy Ruff, with the same salary capped team as anyone else, has his Sabres sitting in 9th, and that makes him great? Only in Buffalo. Sorry Rick, but 9th is just nothing to brag about. That's Leaf territory. Injuries? We're missing our best defenceman ALL year. I think everyone on the team has had one or two concussions this year. We've had more rookies in our lineup than anyone.

Pegulaville, Leino had ONE good playoff...last year he had 5 points in 11 games. Leino is a good player making great money.

So Lindy Ruff, with the same salary capped team as anyone else, has his Sabres sitting in 9th, and that makes him great? Only in Buffalo. Sorry Rick, but 9th is just nothing to brag about. That's Leaf territory. Injuries? We're missing our best defenceman ALL year. I think everyone on the team has had one or two concussions this year. We've had more rookies in our lineup than anyone.

Pegulaville, Leino had ONE good playoff...last year he had 5 points in 11 games. Leino is a good player making great money.

Our injuries were killers. Ryan Miller for Gods sake. Ran by Lucic. Myers and Erhofff. Are you kidding me.

Miller has played 55 games. Myers 52. Ehrhoff 65.

Pronger? 13. Cry me a river Rick.

You guys do not need Pronger any more. He is not what he once was and is probably retiring. You are better off without him out there costing you minor penalties. So bad example. Gireax you can make a case for. I will give you that one. But how much time did he miss? We had several of our chore players out for over 200 man games. And Miller included.

Ennis in reality was the biggest injured play missed honestly I'm still critical of ruff sometimes and I think the coach is a tad overrated in hockey anyways. However the injuries were a HUGE factor and it's now obvious. Imagine if the flyers had timmonen giroux hartnell read Bryzgalov coburn Simmonds pronger and meszaros out at the same time for a quarter of the season or more.

@Millertime

First, I hope your surgery went well.

Second, you really should not be tooting any horns regarding Ruff. I hate to say it, but probably the coach that should get the most credit this year in the NHL is Blysma (pens lead the league in man games lost- by a mile), then Hitchcock (lost 10 games since taking over for St Louis), then perhaps Laviolette (has dressed 9-10 rookies on a regular basis).

That is my objective take on it.

I love how no one here says jackshit about the Sabres ALL year...they get hot for 2 weeks, and Leino is now Gordie Howe, Miller is Jacques Plante, and Ruff is better than Scotty Bowman. They are in 9th place...I guess that's what it takes to get Sabres fans excited these days. "We are ALMOST in the playoffs." :lol:

You guys do not need Pronger any more. He is not what he once was and is probably retiring. You are better off without him out there costing you minor penalties. So bad example. Gireax you can make a case for. I will give you that one. But how much time did he miss? We had several of our chore players out for over 200 man games. And Miller included.

You realize Pronger is likely retiring DUE TO INJURY. I think that may factor in when discussing players lost due to injury, or does it only count if you're a Sabre? So Lindy is doing a great job coaching his team to 9th because they've lost 200 man games? Hitchcock sits 1st overall, man games lost to injury? 286. Pittsburgh ? 322. The Flyers? 340. Florida? 309. Calgary? 336. ALL ahead of Lindys Sabres in man games lost, and points.

I love how no one here says jackshit about the Sabres ALL year...they get hot for 2 weeks, and Leino is now Gordie Howe, Miller is Jacques Plante, and Ruff is better than Scotty Bowman. They are in 9th place...I guess that's what it takes to get Sabres fans excited these days. "We are ALMOST in the playoffs." :lol:

Now we are in 8th and soon 7th. And the Sabres had over 200 game man injuries. Far better team than you know. But you will see. Wait until you get to meet Foligno. As for you VanFlyer, I saw the Blues coming before anyone. My posts back in Sept I said they would be a finalist in the West. Give me a little credit for knowing the game. Leino will never be Howe. But Miller is oneof the best ever. I agree losing Ennis was huge. He has speed that kills

@Miller Time

Yep, I remember you did pick the Blues to reach the Final before the season started (over on that old board). We'll see how that pans out but leading the league points gets you some kudos.

As far as the Flyers not "needing" Pronger, I disagree. Have they found a way to manage with his loss? To some extent yes. But they are without their unquestioned team leader, and his physical presence has not been replaced (Grossman's solid play notwithstanding). His absence, along Bryz being lost in the woods of course, was a major contributing factor to the Flyers' long mid season swoon.

Lindy? Honestly I think he's Buffalo's Andy Reid. Management loves him and he's long tenured, and he's stuck around a bit too long

Anyone that thinks there is a guy out there that could do a better job with the Buffalo Sabres you just tell me? I would not trade Lindy for ANYONE. AND THAT INCLUDES RON WILSON. He has held his own when many others would have folded. Like Ron Wilson. True, the Sabres have more talent, but no team had more man injuries and key ones at that. Losing Miller and Myers and Erhoff for a long stretch was just too much to overcome while trying to get new guys like Leino fit into a system. Oh, speaking of Ville, he is playing some great hockey. Has found chemistry and is a team guy.

Um....Dan Bylsma?

http://www.playerspoll.ca/results/20112012-results/coaches/which-coach-would-you-most-like-to-play-for

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/pens-habs-lead-nhl-in-man-games-lost-to-injury/article2342449/

If the links don't work for you, one is the results of the recent player poll where Bylsma was voted by the players as the coach they would most like to play for. The other is a man-games lost ranking from about 1 month ago showing my guys at the top of the list an no other Cup contender to be found until you get to the Blues at #9.

Sorry, Rick. Bylsma > Ruff...

I've never really had a problem with Ruff - I've just never been a big Darcy fan.

I think Ruff has done the best he can with what the Sabres have been able to give him. His team always looks organized and plays like a unit.

Now they have a pretty good defense, a goalie capable of stealing a series and an offense that's starting to bubble again.

If Buffalo can get some legit talent to replace Roy and Hecht on the cap they can start to make some serious noise.

@Miller Time

Yep, I remember you did pick the Blues to reach the Final before the season started (over on that old board). We'll see how that pans out but leading the league points gets you some kudos.

As far as the Flyers not "needing" Pronger, I disagree. Have they found a way to manage with his loss? To some extent yes. But they are without their unquestioned team leader, and his physical presence has not been replaced (Grossman's solid play notwithstanding). His absence, along Bryz being lost in the woods of course, was a major contributing factor to the Flyers' long mid season swoon.

Lindy? Honestly I think he's Buffalo's Andy Reid. Management loves him and he's long tenured, and he's stuck around a bit too long

I will take him over a guy like Keenan any day. Lindy knows how to manage a game and how to reprimand his players without them hating him

@millertime

"As for you VanFlyer, I saw the Blues coming before anyone. My posts back in Sept I said they would be a finalist in the West. Give me a little credit for knowing the game. Leino will never be Howe. But Miller is oneof the best ever. I agree losing Ennis was huge. He has speed that kills"

Good call on St Louis, but it still does not remove the fact that they are 40-12-9 under Hitchcock (.730 winning percentage) after a 7-8 start.

I am not sure what you are getting excited on Leino for of late. He has 2g - 2a 4 pts and a -2 in 13 games for the month of March, hardly what I would call "getting hot".

I know you have blue and gold glasses on, but this Miller is god stuff needs to stop. Best ever?? What is your blindness regarding him. He has ONE really great season and aside from that has been average both in regular season AND the playoffs.

@millertime

"As for you VanFlyer, I saw the Blues coming before anyone. My posts back in Sept I said they would be a finalist in the West. Give me a little credit for knowing the game. Leino will never be Howe. But Miller is oneof the best ever. I agree losing Ennis was huge. He has speed that kills"

Good call on St Louis, but it still does not remove the fact that they are 40-12-9 under Hitchcock (.730 winning percentage) after a 7-8 start.

I am not sure what you are getting excited on Leino for of late. He has 2g - 2a 4 pts and a -2 in 13 games for the month of March, hardly what I would call "getting hot".

I know you have blue and gold glasses on, but this Miller is god stuff needs to stop. Best ever?? What is your blindness regarding him. He has ONE really great season and aside from that has been average both in regular season AND the playoffs.

I did not say he is the best ever. In fact I am on record Parent is the best ever. Yes, Parent. And I could have said Hasek. I say when its all over Miller will be better than Hasek and go to heights Hasek never did as a Sabre. St Louis in my opinion would have been good even if fat *** Hitchcock did not take over. He gets all the credit. This team has talent and was going to be good with you or me at the helm

Hey, MT.

Definite kudos on the St. Louis pick. I'm glad you didn't take my bet or I'd have owed you money. I'm not a huge Hitchcock fan either, but I do have to give him some credit. Talent or no, I still don't think they are where they are without the coaching change. It just seemed like a rudderless ship. I wish I could blame my initial doubt of St. Louis on the then coach, but I really underestimated the talent on the team. Good call.

Oh, just to comment on Ruff: I think he's one of the more over-rated coaches in the NHL. On the other hand, I know Bylsma has a cup, but I don't think he's that much better. He, too, has a goalie, but he also has a bunch of #1 draft picks, etc. Bylsma has a lot more to work with (not downing Bylsma. I'm just saying it's not necessarily and apples-to-apples comparison).

I think Ruff does okay, probably, with what he has. I just think his tenure wouldn't be so long in a more demanding city. (By the way, I too would take Ruff over Keenan every time).