Second Round - Who do you want (and think) the Flyers to play?

Guest Digityman

Who do you think and who would you rather in the 2nd round?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who DO YOU THINK the Flyers will play in the 2nd round?

• Rangers - (Rags, Bruins, Panthers win)
    • Bruins - (Rags, Bruins, Devils win)
    • Panthers - (1 of Rags or bruins,panthers, 1 of Caps or Sens win)
    • Devils - (1 of Rags or bruins,Devils, 1 of Caps or Sens win)
    • Caps - (Panthers, Caps, Sens win)
    • Sens - (Devils, Caps, Sens win)
  2. 2. Who DO YOU WANT the Flyers will play in the 2nd round?

I like the ROADDOG mojo for a team with the best road wreckord in the leage this season. A seed going thru PITT, NYR and BOS would be a battle hardened and intimidating squad to the western rep. No appetizers, apertifs or desserts on that board of fare.

Love that all three other series in the East are going to 7 games.

Still think that we'll see a couple upsets.

I think the Caps win & don't count out the Sens either.

All I care about is for one of the Sens, Devlis, or Caps to win.

All I care about is for one of the Sens, Devlis, or Caps to win.

The Devils?

I would LOVE to play the Panthers. Weakest team in the entire NHL playoffs, IMO.

I would be very happy to see NYR get bounced tomorrow. I think there is a good chance that it happens (50/50). There is zero pressure on Ottawa - all the pressure is on the Rangers. If the Sens get a lucky bounce/goal early, the Rangers might just come unglued.

And as much as I dislike him, I expect OV to have a big game tonight.

The Devils?

I would LOVE to play the Panthers. Weakest team in the entire NHL playoffs, IMO.

I would be very happy to see NYR get bounced tomorrow. I think there is a good chance that it happens (50/50). There is zero pressure on Ottawa - all the pressure is on the Rangers. If the Sens get a lucky bounce/goal early, the Rangers might just come unglued.

And as much as I dislike him, I expect OV to have a big game tonight.

Did I ever mention I was a dual Flyers/Devils fan? If I did, I was lying.

My main motivation is avoiding the Rangers in the next round and we can avoid that if one of those three win game 7. Now if you want to talk ideal scenarios, I'd like to see the Sens and Caps win. I don't really care about the Devils/Panthers; it is toss up in my mind. The best thing for the Flyers right now IMO is a series that doesn't involve the Rangers and doesn't involve air travel...Devils or Caps. I think the Flyers can handle either.

Did I ever mention I was a dual Flyers/Devils fan? If I did, I was lying.

My main motivation is avoiding the Rangers in the next round and we can avoid that if one of those three win game 7. Now if you want to talk ideal scenarios, I'd like to see the Sens and Caps win. I don't really care about the Devils/Panthers; it is toss up in my mind. The best thing for the Flyers right now IMO is a series that doesn't involve the Rangers and doesn't involve air travel...Devils or Caps. I think the Flyers can handle either.

Not to get too far ahead of things, but I will anyway ;)

Of the 4 remaining West teams, who would you rather face?

Kings-Flyers would be epic for the connections involved, but I do not like the idea of facing Quick.

We face those teams so rarely that it's hard to get a feel for how we'd do.

Not to get too far ahead of things, but I will anyway ;)

Of the 4 remaining West teams, who would you rather face?

Kings-Flyers would be epic for the connections involved, but I do not like the idea of facing Quick.

We face those teams so rarely that it's hard to get a feel for how we'd do.

I would LOVE a Kings vs. Flyers Finals. OK, that is mainly because I might have even the remotest possibility of going to one of the games. :D

The Kings are a tough bunch, but they are not the deepest scoring team in the world.

I would almost feel bad for Richards & Carter if/when the Flyers beat them in the Finals.

It would be a fun Finals, that's for sure.

Bring on the dam Rags! They don't look so great now and the playoffs are a whole different animal!

I questioned if they (the Rangers) had that "extra gear" that teams need during the playoffs... Fonzi has those guys playing playoff style hockey 82 games a year, they might be gassed or there might not be that step up level, maybe what we saw during the regular season is as good as they get. Here's what I think it boils down to Lunquist, if he's great they win, if he's good everyone has a shot to beat them.

• Like 1

@mojo1917

Yeah good point. Also, they are beat up more than they ever were all year. Boyle says he is "ok" but didn't skate today and is uncertain for tonight. He can't be anywhere near feeling 100%. McDonaugh went down very awkwardly in Game 6, I can't imagine his groin feels very good. Staal might be fresh but the memory of his nasty concussion must still be fairly fresh.

They look very beatable. I would pound the crap out of their D.

I questioned if they (the Rangers) had that "extra gear" that teams need during the playoffs... Fonzi has those guys playing playoff style hockey 82 games a year, they might be gassed or there might not be that step up level, maybe what we saw during the regular season is as good as they get. Here's what I think it boils down to Lunquist, if he's great they win, if he's good everyone has a shot to beat them.

I've been thinking that exact same thing. I think the Rangers played their best hockey during the regular season and that's as much as there is. They would still be very tough, and Hank can steal games, but I think the Flyers have already seen them at their best.

I want the Flyers to do that to every team's defenseman in the playoffs.

Naturally. For practice, the Flyers should run Carle all day at practice. He sucks anyway, so they'd be doing us fans a huge favour.

Love that all three other series in the East are going to 7 games.

Still think that we'll see a couple upsets.

I think the Caps win & don't count out the Sens either.

Caps knocked out the Bruins!

Now come on Sens!