A Fan's Comments on the Lockout

Guest WingNut722

Graham Hathway maintains a blog called "Winging It In Motown", which is published through the Detroit Free Press. He has penned the article linked below concerning his thoughts on the lockout and the recent cancellation of preseason action. It's written through a Red Wings perspective, but his thoughts and opinions apply to any fan of any team who's maddened by this year's work stoppage.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120920/SPORTS05/120920017/detroit-red-wings-winging-it-in-motown?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Detroit%20Red%20Wings

• 4 months later...

It was horrible.. Had to hear Football and Basketball geeks blabber all day and i had nothing!

Soccer is my first sport with Hockey being a close second, so if i dont know some stuff please forgive me guys im a hockey newbie in general.

But Regardless Hockey is the second best sport in the world in my opinion and the best out of all North American Sports!

Soccer is my first sport with Hockey being a close second, so if i dont know some stuff please forgive me guys im a hockey newbie in general.

Welcome. No worries. You will learn a lot just by reading and posting here.

....and just maybe we can eventually convince you that hockey is the "best sport". ;)

@flyercanuck Off topic, but I saw this concert when I was in Grade 10....I believe it was one of the Clash's last tours? Think they called it the Combat Rock Tour. Didn't realize how good they were at the time, so didn't fully appreciate what I was seeing, but I remember they had great stage presence....but I was really there to see The Who.

http://www.classic-rock-concerts.com/performances/1751