Our "Dead" Forum

B21

@Jmdodgesrt4

<<< There is a reason why your forum is dead. Fair weather fans are everywhere. What's going to happen when Crosby gets hit in the head again and his career is over. Prolly somehow with the pens getting into the playoffs Mario will cry of moving the team and bam Seth jones is a pen . >>>

Easy, bub. Yes - there is a Pens "forum" here but let's be real...this IS a Flyers forum. It just happens to be set up to accomodate fans of other teams (which is a good thing). It was started by Flyers fans and is administered by mostly Flyers fans. Since you seem to be thumping your chest lately, you may need reminded that this forum started because you were chased out of Philly.com by some troll and a Sabres fan. Most of the FLYERS fans from that forum migrated here.

I love this place. I'm glad it's here and I'm glad we no longer have to put up with the Kuatos and Buffalo Ricks of the world. In case you missed it, the other teams' "forums" are kinda "dead" too.

So really...cool your friggin jets. All due repsect...

• Like 3

no one was chased....everyone was just tired of the garbage that was there at these other sites and not being able to do something about the trolls...no they created this site, which i love and enjoyed chatting with all the people here.

Even you sorry penquen fans!

We don't have to agree but it is nice to have a place to conversate...and best of all it is troll free...beside your occasionally pen fans...haha all in good fun...

Why bury this in the "dead" forum then? Should have replied directly to him.

On the other hand, why not invite some friends? As long as you and Polaris have been around, you'll probably both be forum mods if you want.

Yeah - let's get the Timonen thread even more OT. The moderators would have moved it at some point. It's about this forum so I would think it should continue here. You found it, right?

Edited by B21

no one was chased....everyone was just tired of the garbage that was there at these other sites and not being able to do something about the trolls...no they created this site, which i love and enjoyed chatting with all the people here.

Even you sorry penquen fans!

We don't have to agree but it is nice to have a place to conversate...and best of all it is troll free...beside your occasionally pen fans...haha all in good fun...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This site even though built and mainly populated by Flyers fans has always welcomed fans from other teams. If you want a bigger presence on this board then by all means invite more Pens fans in. I do 90 percent of my posting in the Flyers forum and only occasionally read into the other team forums and I realize I miss some interesting discussions but generally it helps me to avoid "snarky" replies which although meant tongue in cheek come across as flaming. The more people we can get involved with this wonderful site, the better. Even if they are "lowly" Pens fans..... ;)

Note: "Even if they are "lowly" Pens fans..... ;) "= meant to be humorous

@B21

The major reason for creating this forum was due to the horrible forum software upgrade at philly.com and the lack of an admin to tend to it. It became quickly trying to have a hockey discussion about a game that uses sticks and pucks when these simple words were ***** and ****. It has been two years since and they still haven't bothered to fix any of the problems.

We would like someday to have a 30 team forum that is better than HF boards, as we have the software to become that. HF.net is #2 when searching "hockey forums" on google. HF.net / flyers forum is #1 when searching "Flyers hockey forum". We have a solid base, but there is still a need to get this site a first choice for discussion amongst NHL fans.

Digity and I are open to ideas to to help the site grow.

How about offering free membership if you get 5 posters to sign up...only saving 10 bucks, but the ramifications are more posting....and maybe even from other teams. It has the potential to get people motovated.....perhaps. Apply the catch they must be active posters, no one and done...type things, at least a few posts per week....AND then after a month or so of assessing the new posters frequency....the member who brought in the posters gets to be a supporting member for free.....sounds a bit corny to me, but might help drum up some other teams posters.

The other thing is word of mouth, a think we all know a few avid sports fans who would join, it's just a matter of people approaching other people. Since we have baseball, football etc, you can trump the site as hockey.....plus the other major sports and MMA. To me, traffic is traffic....as long as it within the rules and inspires good sports talk.

I've tried drawing Pens fans here, but the hockey people I know just don't bite. I think a lot of people like to follow a team and watch or listen to shows about them, but not many care to sit online and discuss it, and most that do like to do so at the NHL site. Many of THOSE people I'd be afraid to bring here... Some of their stuff is just crap.