Now for something Positive; Max Talbot

Guest mojo1917

What a signing !

I was pretty meh when i learned he was hopping the turnpike to play here. but man he's been great. plays in every situation, at any of the forward positions, has good hands and a great active stick on defense. He''s got good leadership abilities, plays the game smart and tough... damn i'm impressed a buddy of mine said i'd be happy to have him and i was like whatever, i'm eating some serious crow with enough bbq sauce it goes down just fine.

I'll join you in an extra-large portion please...crow alà mode. I said "we should've kept Powe and not signed Talbot." Well I like Darrell Powe but Talbot's doing a lot more for us on both sides of the ice + he's having a career year in point production. Seems he's pretty happy with the change too!

Of all the moves Homer made in the offseason, getting Talbot was the one I liked right off the bat. He's one of those guys that, if he's on the other team you hate him but if he's on your team you love him. Apart from the fact that he's a pretty darn good hockey player, he's got intangibles that you just can't teach. Great team guy and I'm glad he's going to be a Flyer for a while now.

when i saw that the Flyers signed Talbot over the summer, I was pissed to say the least, i was at game six when he shushed the crowd after the Carcillo fight, and that put my hate over the top with him. But as the season has went on i have turned into a big Talbot fan, and im glad hes on our side now!

@mojo1917

people get so caught up with having difficulty separating players and their previous teams. in the end these are just guys doing the best they can in their whatever their current situation is.

It's always been like that in Philly. Wear a rival's jersey, u are hated the rest of your life but when you put on the Philly jersey, u are loved if you give it your all. I agree with you guys that this was one of the great signing of the offseason. Homer gave the 9 year contract to the wrong guy, who woulda thought 2 ex-Pens are helping the Flyers so much this year.

@mojo1917

people get so caught up with having difficulty separating players and their previous teams. in the end these are just guys doing the best they can in their whatever their current situation is.

i wasn't a guy that was like; he's a penguin he must die !,

i just didn't know what a good hockey player he would be... he was on the 4th line there and on the 2nd pk unit , i thought of him as a depth guy, like a lilja, but he's been so much more i hope he retires in the o/b

@flyercanuck

you are right it was a win win.

In my mind he is a Claude Lemieux type player, albeit not as dirty. Just a guy who brings his "A" game when it counts and gets under the skin of the other team and their fans. I was just as pissed when he "shhushed" the crowd, but you know what? I will never in my life forget that fight or how I felt afterward. For him to bring that fire to MY favorite team? Priceless. And I can't forget his first NHL goal. Airborn from center ice over a clueless Niiti.

Claude had a lot more energy, but I get what you're saying. Unfortunately, Max has tapered off as of late. I think his recent scoring streak has changed the way he plays a bit. I hope he returns to his ways soon.

All things being equal, Lappy was a warrior of unparalleled level. The thing with Talbot is he has allot more in the tank and we got Lappy at the end.

So you are saying we should have had Lappy years earlier? That would have been cool. Looking at his Wikipedia profile he is another guy we got from LA (via Colorado).

Congrats on your Fatherhood! Where are you living, somewhere in Asia?