Mark Madden goes all out on Philly... *Flyers fans may not want to read this!*

Guest Polaris922

WARNING to Flyers fans.. Madden hates you all so read at your own risk...

From Mark Madden's Facebook page...

MORE GLORIOUS THAN D-DAY

Last night’s comeback win at Philadelphia was a brilliant display of Penguins resilience. But the Pens displayed shortcomings, too. Read my breakdown at timesonline.com.

Nitpicking aside, turning a 4-1 deficit into a 5-4 victory in front of the half-wits that jam the Wells Fargo Center was MORE GLORIOUS THAN D-DAY. The aftermath on Twitter may have been my finest hour. I heeled better than C.M. Punk. #bestintheworld

The excuses are flying out of Philadelphia. Most are pathetically irrelevant. To wit:

*CROSBY’S A SISSY. Only they don’t say “sissy.” Cool story, bro. Thing is, Crosby dominated from goal line to goal line last night. He was Herculean. Crosby is the player the Flyers most try to rattle, and – now that he’s 100 percent – they can’t. Last year’s playoffs were an aberration in that regard. As for Claude Giroux – a/k/a Crosby Lite – he’s now tied with Brandon Yip in the “best player in hockey” rankings. INVISIBLE.

*THE PENGUINS WENT BANKRUPT TWICE. Better to be financially bankrupt twice than morally bankrupt since 1967. When success on the ice lacks, discuss sellouts. But the Penguins have both. When the Penguins can’t win, they finish low and get high draft picks. The Flyers constantly cruise slightly above mediocrity. The Pens have won three Stanley Cups since the Flyers won their last one. So, which formula works better?

*WHAT ABOUT LAST YEAR’S PLAYOFFS? To be fair, the Flyers were worthy winners. But what did it get them? A second-round exit at the hands of New Jersey. When the Penguins KO’d Philly in ’08, they got to the final. When the Penguins eliminated Philly in ’09, they won the Cup. Last year was the exception. Last night was the rule. We apologize for the interruption. Normal service has now been resumed.

*WE HAVE REAL HOCKEY FANS. That’s nonsense. You have cannibals. The Flyers serve red meat, and you scarf it up. Low-rent hockey for low-rent scumbags. You don’t attend hockey games. You attend the Roman Colosseum. Pearls before swine.

*YOU’RE UNDER .500 AGAINST US. Or, what about your 42-game winless streak at the Spectrum? Or, remember when Keith Primeau scored in the fifth overtime? Or, some other recital of ancient history. OK, let’s talk tradition. The Flyers won two Cups via organized gangland violence, with the last coming 38 years ago. They beat Soviet Red Army in 1976 via thug life, setting the sport back decades. The Flyers have lost six finals since their last Cup. The Penguins have had the best player in hockey non-stop since 1984, setting the standard for skilled, elegant play in that time. Fourteen scoring titles, six MVPs and three Stanley Cups (not two): That’s what we call history.

I could go on and on. No need, though. Last night speaks for itself. Last in the division, 11th in the conference, in real danger of not making the playoffs. #jackpot

Edited by Polaris922

Good points eh? Sounds like typical lazy stereotype nonsense to me. But hey, enjoy your guy

He's a Jim Rome wannabe who likes to say controversial things just to get people to call his show. He's not liked by many in the 'burgh also.

He's a Jim Rome wannabe who likes to say controversial things just to get people to call his show. He's not liked by many in the 'burgh also.

Madden is a fat Don Cherry with a lot less hockey knowledge and even worse taste in attire.

I'll defend him. He is wrong.. he is right.. he's like everyone else.. just louder and more offensive about it to make money. LOL But sometimes he does get it right.

But he doesn't care if he's right or wrong, just that he gets heard. Wasn't it Madden that for like five years straight said the Pens were going to trade Jagr, and when they finally did, he was like "See, I was right". He's like the people who make all the predictions for the coming year. At the end of the year the crow about the 1 they got right, but forget all about the 999 that they got wrong.

Just my $.02

Yeah, I hate guys like that, keep throwing stuff at the wall, eventually.....inevitably....it sticks. Big loudmouths like this turn me off, the better have some fresh info I don't know about, or an angle I have not seen.....or I tune them out quickly. I don't care how loud guys can spout out their crap, I care about content.

So he's a sports talk show guy in Pittsburgh? Haha he'd probably have as many listeners if he'd open up his window and yell.

You clearly know nothing about hock... Err... Pittsburgh. We don't have six million fans because we're a much smaller city. But once again we're America's most live able city, and our core fans are as die hard as any out there.

My brother in law was born and raised there. After graduating from penn state he moved east. Good move. I know enough about that town that i wouldn't want to live there. Too much like West Virginia for my taste. But if you're into dating relatives than that's your place

No mistake. Enjoy your cousin, coal cracker.

Your trolling... Err... Ignorance is truly amazing. Pittsburgh was once a steel town but now is primarily a corporate headquarters city. Coal industry is primarily south and west if here... Once again Morgantown area.

The cousin references remain a West Virginia - Kentucky joke, though with your infatuation, I'm starting to wonder if your family should be concerned.

I think if you were to say something intelligent just one time, you might astound us all into silence. Till then... Happy trolling!