Crosby

Guest murraycraven

Bad news for the Pens. I think Flyers fans know all too well how distressing it is to see a player you watch game in and game out struggle with something like this. Hopefully for him, he can recover quickly and fully.

@murraycraven - there was another thread on this but it seems to have vanished? Anyway, LeBrun says Crosby's agent and Shero both say he has no concussion symtoms. I don't see how Eskin would know this before anyone else.

Contrary to rumors that are out there, Sidney Crosby does not have any concussion symptoms, his agent Pat Brisson says. Ray Shero says same

— Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun)

April 4, 2013
Edited by JackStraw

@ jack... like I said take it fwiw... just thought I would post it. I tend to not believe a word Eskin says but would not be shocked if the kid was suffering from post concussion syndrome. Again... just posting and nothing is certain.

Shero and Crosby's agent are as reliable as Esjin at this point... as Bob Marley once sang : Time will Tell...

• Like 1

@brelic - he's ok when it comes to the Flyers but he's just a sports radio guy in Philly. Why would he know Crosby's medical condition if no one else does?

He's a longtime reporter with a big reputation in Pennsylvania and may indeed have cross-state sources.

Could also be the more likely theory that he was the only one willing to run with it on the "source" he had.

He's a longtime reporter with a big reputation in Pennsylvania and may indeed have cross-state sources.

Could also be the more likely theory that he was the only one willing to run with it on the "source" he had.

Or he is taking a statistical gamble....what are the odds of a guy who has already suffered several concussions getting hit in the jaw with a frozen rubber puck, hard enough to break the jaw, possibly suffering another? His source could be someone in the medical field with access to the atheletes as he does always seem to get the medical scoop on almost everyone.....

Edited by flyerrod

I think I'll go with Shero and Crosby's agent. He was visiting the Pens practice today. NHL.com did a story on it of course. Lol

It's in "Around the NHL" under "Looks like the Pens aren't winning the Cup..."

Edited by Polaris922

He certainly has a reputation. Just not a very good one. I haven't lived in Philly (or PA for that matter) for a long time, has he ever done anything other than local Philly media? I 'm sure he knows lots of people in various markets, doesn't mean he's the guy a reputable source in Pittsburgh would choose to break a story like this.

Or he is taking a statistical gamble....what are the odds of a guy who has already suffered several concussions getting hit in the jaw with a frozen rubber puck, hard enough to break the jaw, possibly suffering another? His source could be someone in the medical field with access to the atheletes as he does always seem to get the medical scoop on almost everyone.....

This would be my guess, and then if he's right, he'll jump up and down and tell you that for months. The fact that Crosby stopped in to see the team is a sign that he's wrong. When Crosby had the concusssion before, you didn't see him anywhere. But who knows, oh yeah, only the Shadow knows, bwah ha ha ha.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Eskin is just missing the spotlight. Been out of it too long since he's no longer on air and needs to throw something out there to have his name floating around cyberspace. Either way, I would have seriously doubted, watching the play, that he received a concussion. You could tell purely by the look of his face and hang of his jaw that it was broken and most likely nothing else. He looked alert, just in pain. Having recently broken my jaw, I'm not surprised that Crosby isn't back yet. Its takes at least a month and a half for things to heal up enough just to chew food, let alone go skating around and risk having your jaw rattled on a hit, that would most assuredly by painful and risk a possible refracture.