"Pittsburgh has a goaltending issue"

Guest trevluk

I said it last year during/after the series against the Flyers, and I'll say it again this year... Fleury may be bad (which, yes, he's been terrible), but Bylsma just doesn't seem to be able to adjust. It happened last year against Philly, and it's happening all over again. The Islanders made adjustments, found something that works, and they're going to keep running it unless it stops working. It's up to Bylsma to make it stop working! That's his job! So, as bad as Fleury's been, Bylsma needs to right this thing, and quickly.

I recall having a goaltending discussion with you over the winter. So in my best Polaris impression....

Honestly I think Fleury just needs one two more chances to turn this ship around. it's not his fault the Pens are losing these games, he's really a good goalie who's just having some bad luck. Just two more games is all the Islanders I ask and I promise everything will turn out just fine. He really is good, really...honest. Really. Honest.

Fleury had my faith as a goaltender until now. Last year playoffs he was abysmal. Now he's abysmal. I don't get what has happened to him to change things. He has been very good in the regular season minus a short losing streak he seems to get every season. But ever since they won the Cup he's been out of his mind in the playoffs. I think they need a shrink or something.

PS> that was a REALLY bad impression... really.... honest... really honest!

was this team playing better without crosby? it seems like when crosby came back, it messed the chemistry up.

No. They played better before Fleury started putting two goals into his own net every game. THAT is the difference.

Fleury had my faith as a goaltender until now. Last year playoffs he was abysmal. Now he's abysmal. I don't get what has happened to him to change things. He has been very good in the regular season minus a short losing streak he seems to get every season. But ever since they won the Cup he's been out of his mind in the playoffs. I think they need a shrink or something.

PS> that was a REALLY bad impression... really.... honest... really honest!

LOL. I feel your pain...honest.

@Polaris922. Its not, the goalkeeper e,is Crosby and, dedfense ans coach, is suckage sned to AHL for learning to play game get good winger. Stop it blame a goalie

Toughfighter84 ??

I think the Pens defense and forwards really have played well. Really if you go over it... The Pens should've won by no less than two goals each game if not for Fleury's antics. Lets see what tomorrow brings...

The Isles have been skating that way all year. You guys played right into their hands last night, gave them all the time and space they needed, up and down the ice.

Vokoun should help, at least he prob won't spot the Isles 2 bad goals. But either he stands on his head or you guys better start banging bodies at the blue line and forcing the issue in the N zone - too many stick-checks, too much ragging the puck for no reason.....change that stuff ASAP or the Isles are going to run all over you again!

@canoli

I disagree. It's made the Isles look a lot better when they're shots from the side boards and the blue line are being pushed into the net or mishandled so badly he's serving them up to the on rushing forwards by Fleury. Take those two goals a game out of there and this is a 3-1 series if not sweep. Fleury is giving the games away... sadly.. much like last year. We'll see how Vokoun does... I'm thinking he shuts them down tomorrow night and the Pens roll to a 5-2 victory.

Toughfighter84 ?? Yep, you guessed it.

I think the Pens defense and forwards really have played well. Really if you go over it... The Pens should've won by no less than two goals each game if not for Fleury's antics. Lets see what tomorrow brings...

Oh, I agree. I was just pesting and trying to do my very best impression. I agree they should probably be out of this series already if they had competent goaltending. And, trust me, a Flyer fan is well qualified to know bad goaltending when he sees it. Maybe not good goaltending. But we do know bad goaltending.

• Like 1

It's made the Isles look a lot better when they're shots from the side boards and the blue line are being pushed into the net or mishandled so badly

well sure, cheap goals always kill momentum and make it damn near impossible to generate sustained pressure the other way. But last night vs. G4 the biggest difference I saw - after the 1st - was you guys took care of the puck. Simple, smart plays, good dump-ins, then hustle. Malkin quit trying to skate thru 3 defenders, Crosby was Crosby again (thought he looked real "off" G4) and you forced the issue in the N zone, really getting on the Isle's puck-carriers quickly, forcing mistakes. And much better puck support in the offensive zone was the biggest change - suddenly you had a 4check again, which was MIA in G4 (and for most of the 1st last night).

But I don't disagree with you at all about Fleury and how bad goaltending just destroys a team's energy, momentum, legs, everything. And I oughta know I'm a Flyers' fan! LOL.