Pens at Sens Round 2 Game 4 Hope we learned something

Well I hope that the end of the game left a real bad taste in the mouths of the Pens. Come out flying again, and keep it up for the full 60.

Looks like Juicy may be in the lineup tonight, I hate this whole hush hush thing with injuries, teams should be more open.

Vitale may be injured also.

Between the two, BY BY GLASS!

Geno, Feel the defensive fource.

• Like 1

@nossagog My girlfriend is a Sens fan, so I watch a ton of them through the year. I can't say enough about this team, how very tenacious and resilient they are. I think it's time to include Craig Anderson in with the Rinne's and Lunqvist's of the world, this guy is super elite, super quick, super smart. I agree with the decision to put Mark Stone into the line up, his hands are awesome and in a tight series like this, you need game breakers. Don't understand sitting out a valuable offense offensive guy like Conacher in a tight series like this, but Ottawa's checkers have been playing so gutsy, it's hard to sit any of them. I have new found respect for Gonchar after watching this series, he's still got it, past his prime but still has that nice skill set. I don't know where this Pageau kid came from, but he is going to make a fine player for years to come.

Edited by jammer2

Pens could've been 5 on 3 but officials use discretion and let it go... Result is a shortie by Michalek. Pens have again had the better play, but two knucklehead plays result in goals for the Sens. Oh well... That's hockey! Long way to go in this one...

The Penguins depth really showed in tonights win. They definitely turned it up a notch. Neal seemed as if he finally has regained his game since returning from the concussion.

Niskanen's slew foot on Stone was rather cheap and unnecessary. I think that should have been a 4 min penalty.

• Like 1

Figures, I talk up Anderson and he gets shelled mere minutes later.....ha ha. Kinda figured Neal was due, you don't keep a talent like him off the scoresheet forever.

Speaking as a Flyer fan, the very worst outcome this June is seeing Crosby hoist Lord Stanley again. I'm desperate for it to not happen in fact. They just shelled the best goalie standing in their way, so not good. I think Rask is talented, but not as elite as Anderson. Unless some kind of miracle happens, the Pens just cleared a huge hurdle in their quest.

Figures, I talk up Anderson and he gets shelled mere minutes later.....ha ha. Kinda figured Neal was due, you don't keep a talent like him off the scoresheet forever.

Speaking as a Flyer fan, the very worst outcome this June is seeing Crosby hoist Lord Stanley again. I'm desperate for it to not happen in fact. They just shelled the best goalie standing in their way, so not good. I think Rask is talented, but not as elite as Anderson. Unless some kind of miracle happens, the Pens just cleared a huge hurdle in their quest.

You jinxed both him and Gonchar. What Gonchar was doing on the Dupuis shortie I'll never know.

Anderson has been the story for the Sens this series, he's played outstanding.

@nossagog Yeah, I was scratching my head on that one myself, Gonchar looked lost there....otherwise, a nice playoff from him. Anderson stopped 49 of 50 shots against the Pens in game 3. Really, the Sens had no business winning that game going by scoring chances. Anderson just decided he was not going to allow another goal and he didn't, very impressive.

I love the Senators, of course maybe not so much when they coexist in the same division next year, lol. Good experience for them going forward, but too much depth and too much talent on the Penguins.