OK Draft this Month who do you want Flyers to take @11 Button has new list it's awful

Guest Mario99

How often does Button's list come close to what actually happens ?

I saw this the other day and thought no one would take drouin over mackinnon... and as a result paid it no further mind.

It depends on who is there, i'd like to see the team try to draft a defensman , Pulock, Ritstoleinen , Nurse any of those guys if available , i've heard mantha has compete issues and the shinkaruk while talented is small. look at the teams in our conference we need to beat to play for the cup, the Broons have 10 guys at 200+ lbs, the Pens have 16 ... if i'm drafting a forward he needs to have a frame that will accept that muscle weight and not have questions about his compete level.

Nich is big... I would love to get him but that is a pipe dream at 11...

If there are compete issues w/ Mantha, as speculated, I want nothing to do with him and I think he is a stretch w/ the 11th pick. I dont want another small center either and I think the Flyers will draft a defensman. Risto, Nurse, Pulock at 11 is fine by me... I think Nurse goes in the top 8-9 so I do not expect him to be available.

He has Domi at 10!?! Risto at 27!?!? Odd list for sure...

Edited by murraycraven

Easiest way to do this: the 11-man wish list. As players leave the list, move down one, and the highest name remaining is the one I want the Flyers to draft.

Tier 1 - Hahaha, they'll never be there.

1. Seth Jones

2. Nathan MacKinnon

3. Jonathan Drouin

4. Valeri Nichushkin

5. Alexander Barkov

Tier 2: Reasonable, given other teams' needs differ

6. Darnell Nurse

7. Sean Monahan

8. Ryan Pulock

9. Rasmus Ristolainen

10. Hunter Shinkaruk

11. Nikita Zadorov

How often does Button's list come close to what actually happens ?

I saw this the other day and thought no one would take drouin over mackinnon... and as a result paid it no further mind.

It depends on who is there, i'd like to see the team try to draft a defensman , Pulock, Ritstoleinen , Nurse any of those guys if available , i've heard mantha has compete issues and the shinkaruk while talented is small. look at the teams in our conference we need to beat to play for the cup, the Broons have 10 guys at 200+ lbs, the Pens have 16 ... if i'm drafting a forward he needs to have a frame that will accept that muscle weight and not have questions about his compete level.

Button's list is pretty muched based on what he thinks will happen not on actual rankings. The one thing the Flyers have going for them is apparently a lot of teams are looking for big forwards in this years draft. A team like the Oilers I can't see them taking a D man with the amount good young D they have in their system.

@OccamsRazor

Fucale is a huge reach at #11 though.

Ok but i was comparing him to the guys records he broke at Halifax J.S. Giguere who went #13 to Hartford in 95 so i guess maybe but if they like him then they could trade back and still get him. Or they could stay there if they don't care.

I know we need goaltending. But with Phillys track record of developing them, AND the entire leagues track record of developing high pick goalies, I'd rather take a player at that selection number. Way better odds of him panning out.

I don't know about huge, but a reach for sure. I see him going later in the 1st round...

Weird to see Button have him ranked 7th or something like that. Crazy. The kid is very solid though and unflappable for a 17 year old playing in the Mem Cup. He's very calm and has a great attitude (he was hilarious at the parade here, clearly loved by his teammates). All the guys here love him of course and think he'll go top-10, but that's just them being homers. The one team I could see maybe taking him is NJ at #9. I'd be surprised but not shocked if they did.

@OccamsRazor

Oh yeah after rereading all that i was referring to the Oilers landing Fucale not the Flyers, they have other needs first. I read some one say the Oilers were high on him...or maybe they were just saying they were high...