Possible line-up for next season.

bags2

Hey everyone I'm new to the board, not really sure how many Caps fans there are here but I figured I'd do this for next season. This is what I feel the Caps line-up could possibly look like next year.

Johansson (2.0 Mil)-Backstrom (6.7 Mil)-Ovechkin (9.5 Mil)

Erat (4.5 Mil)-Laich (4.5 Mil)-Brouwer (3.6 Mil)

Chimera (1.75 Mil)-Perreault (1.05 Mil)-Ward (3.0 Mil)

Latta (785 K)-Beagle (900K)-Fehr (1.5 Mil)

Volpatti (575K)

Alzner (2.25 Mil)-Green (6.08 Mil)

Ferrence (2.5 Mil)-Carlson (3.96 Mil)

Orlov (900K)-Oleksy (541K)

Erskine (1.9 Mil) Hillen (700K)

Holtby (1.85 Mil)

Neuvirth (2.5 Mil)

23 Man Roster: 62,034,295

Salary Cap: 64,300,000

Cap Space:2,265,705

So I estimated Johansson and Alzner's contracts and also had us sign Andrew Ferrence. Hendricks wasn't re-signed and Schultz was traded for a late round draft pick. As well I have Kundratek playing in Hershey, and Latta called up to the big club.

I feel the biggest issue with this team as of now is LD. After watching Erskine and Hillen in the playoffs I just can't see us making any kind of run with those two playing. Two guys I feel the Capitals should have in mind are Andrew Ferrence and Rob Scuderi. I went for the cheaper option in Ferrence to provide for a little more cap space.

So what do other Caps fans think about this?

Edited by bags2

Hey everyone I'm new to the board, not really sure how many Caps fans there are here but I figured I'd do this for next season. This is what I feel the Caps line-up could possibly look like next year.

Johansson (2.0 Mil)-Backstrom (6.7 Mil)-Ovechkin (9.5 Mil)

Erat (4.5 Mil)-Laich (4.5 Mil)-Brouwer (3.6 Mil)

Chimera (1.75 Mil)-Perreault (1.05 Mil)-Ward (3.0 Mil)

Latta (785 K)-Beagle (900K)-Fehr (1.5 Mil)

Volpatti (575K)

Alzner (2.25 Mil)-Green (6.08 Mil)

Ferrence (2.5 Mil)-Carlson (3.96 Mil)

Orlov (900K)-Oleksy (541K)

Erskine (1.9 Mil) Hillen (700K)

Holtby (1.85 Mil)

Neuvirth (2.5 Mil)

23 Man Roster: 62,034,295

Salary Cap: 64,300,000

Cap Space:2,265,705

So I estimated Johansson and Alzner's contracts and also had us sign Andrew Ferrence. Hendricks wasn't re-signed and Schultz was traded for a late round draft pick. As well I have Kundratek playing in Hershey, and Latta called up to the big club.

I feel the biggest issue with this team as of now is LD. After watching Erskine and Hillen in the playoffs I just can't see us making any kind of run with those two playing. Two guys I feel the Capitals should have in mind are Andrew Ferrence and Rob Scuderi. I went for the cheaper option in Ferrence to provide for a little more cap space.

So what do other Caps fans think about this?

Welcome aboard glad to have a Caps fan here to discuss with a lot of decisions to make for you guys heading into next year....so by looking at your lineup i noticed no Riberio, so you don't want him resigned or just don't think they will?

Edit: I was think you guys would trade one of your goaltenders and sign Nabakov to compete for the starter job orjust backup Holtby.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Welcome aboard glad to have a Caps fan here to discuss with a lot of decisions to make for you guys heading into next year....so by looking at your lineup i noticed no Riberio, so you don't want him resigned or just don't think they will?

Edit: I was think you guys would trade one of your goaltenders and sign Nabakov to compete for the starter job orjust backup Holtby.

Good call forgot to mention Ribeiro. For the money and length he's going to be looking for and the need for another LD, I just don't see us being able to do both. Now if somehow we can I'd welcome him back with open arms.

And as far as the goalie position goes I'd love to trade Neuvirth. I think a lot of teams could really use him and we could get some value for him. And I don't really think we'd need to sign a new goalie behind him, because I personally think Grubauer is ready to be in the NHL full time behind Holtby. However, some more time in the AHL certainly won't hurt him, so I wouldn't be completely opposed to signing a backup.

• Like 1

@bags2

Welcome! Yeah I don't know if we do have alot of Caps fans here. Should be interesting next year with the Caps coming back into the division.

You will find alot of good posters here who know their hockey.....always glad to add someone else to the mix. It gets really fun when we have the game chat going. The interaction is great.

Anyway Welcome aboard!

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

Welcome,

not a caps fan but a Hershey Bears fan, usually take in a couple of games a year at the giant center, so i feel like i know the kids in the system.

Bring some of your friends.

@bags2

Welcome! Don't know any other Caps fans here but with some effort I'm sure you can draw some in. Handful of Pens fans here but we're trying!

As for your roster is Ference who you just would like to see or have you heard rumors they're going after him? Loved him as a Pen!

@bags2

Welcome! Don't know any other Caps fans here but with some effort I'm sure you can draw some in. Handful of Pens fans here but we're trying!

As for your roster is Ference who you just would like to see or have you heard rumors they're going after him? Loved him as a Pen!

I haven't heard anything as far as the Caps signing guys as of now, I'm just hoping we're able to snag a guy like Ferrence or Scuderi.

I haven't heard anything as far as the Caps signing guys as of now, I'm just hoping we're able to snag a guy like Ferrence or Scuderi.

Scuderi was a favorite of mine with the Pens as well. Now two Cups for him so he's definitely a key defenseman. I think LA overpaid him nonetheless. I'm not sure what the market will be for him now. He was making big $$ but with the cap coming down... Who knows?

Scuderi was a favorite of mine with the Pens as well. Now two Cups for him so he's definitely a key defenseman. I think LA overpaid him nonetheless. I'm not sure what the market will be for him now. He was making big $$ but with the cap coming down... Who knows?

Cap space is gonna be tight for the Caps so I'm hoping we can grab a solid D-man for a decent price, another guy I wouldn't mind is Murray. After the Malkin contract I can't imagine they'll sign him to a long term deal.

Cap space is gonna be tight for the Caps so I'm hoping we can grab a solid D-man for a decent price, another guy I wouldn't mind is Murray. After the Malkin contract I can't imagine they'll sign him to a long term deal.

That will probably depend largely on their plans for Letang and Orpik.

That will probably depend largely on their plans for Letang and Orpik.

I can't imagine they'd let Letang walk, but with Despres, Pouliot, and Maatta I wouldn't be surprised if they let Orpik walk/trade him at the deadline to get something for him.

Welcome aboard!!! Not a Capital fans but a Red Wings fan who gets sick every time I see Mike Green on the point for you guys (We traded the pick you used for him PLUS Fleischman for the remains of Robert Lang. Ouch, lol) but good to see some diversity. It looks like you believe in tweaking and not blowing up the team. I don't know, I think the Capitals in the new division will face a lot tougher competition and need to reassess a few things. Still not sure Oates is the answer.

Welcome aboard!!! Not a Capital fans but a Red Wings fan who gets sick every time I see Mike Green on the point for you guys (We traded the pick you used for him PLUS Fleischman for the remains of Robert Lang. Ouch, lol) but good to see some diversity. It looks like you believe in tweaking and not blowing up the team. I don't know, I think the Capitals in the new division will face a lot tougher competition and need to reassess a few things. Still not sure Oates is the answer.

I like Oates a lot, I think it just took a while to get his system going. And as far as playing in the new division goes I think right now we're looking alright. Still think there need to be some moves made but I think the Caps are headed in the right direction, especially with a solidified goalie in Holtby.

I like Oates a lot, I think it just took a while to get his system going. And as far as playing in the new division goes I think right now we're looking alright. Still think there need to be some moves made but I think the Caps are headed in the right direction, especially with a solidified goalie in Holtby.

The Capitals have been beating up on a pathetic division for years. Now in a division with some real teams I think the club as currently composed will face tougher competition than they ever have, the Canucks in the West are in the same boat. I kind of see the Capitals being in a dog fight for a bottom seeded playoff seed.

I agree with Holtby you guys have something. I like Alzner and Carlson, they have tremendous upside. 'Binkie' Oleksy was a lot of fun to watch last year. IMHO the fatal flaw with your club is depth past the first line, which is as good as any in the game, the forwards past the first line though especially if ribiero gets away are pedestrian at best.

The Capitals have been beating up on a pathetic division for years. Now in a division with some real teams I think the club as currently composed will face tougher competition than they ever have, the Canucks in the West are in the same boat. I kind of see the Capitals being in a dog fight for a bottom seeded playoff seed.

I agree with Holtby you guys have something. I like Alzner and Carlson, they have tremendous upside. 'Binkie' Oleksy was a lot of fun to watch last year. IMHO the fatal flaw with your club is depth past the first line, which is as good as any in the game, the forwards past the first line though especially if ribiero gets away are pedestrian at best.

I certainly don't see us winning that division, but when we've played those teams in past years we've always seemed to fair pretty well. I don't think getting in to the playoffs with this team should be too difficult. But I think with the addition of Erat and Laich finally being healthy those should be a huge help to the 2nd line, and IMO the 3rd line of Chimera-Perreault-Ward was our best for most of the Rangers series.

The big problem the Caps have had with their forward depth is injuries, we never seem to be completely healthy. I think Laich can be a solid 2nd center, baring he stays healthy. And of course if Kuznetsov ends up coming over toward the end of the year that should help as well.

Edited by bags2

• 2 weeks later...

Bears fan here, therefore a semi-Caps fan. glad to hear they got rid of the softest giant marshmellow they ever had in Schultz. and Green oughtta grow some stones or take up tennis. another EXREMELY soft player. you don't have to crush guys but at least BUMP them as they skate by.