Should Kennedy stay or should he go?

Kennedy is up as a restricted free agent. His recent salary was $2 million per year. The Pens have to offer him at least that to avoid him becoming unrestricted. Do you feel they should?

I like the kid. He shows courage and determination. He looked off this playoff season until he was benched. THEN he played like his arse was on fire. Until then though.. the season was a pretty big disappointment for Kennedy and Pens fans.

Personally... I think they should let him go. He's not worth that kind of money.

@Polaris922 Sheldon has scored plenty of timely goals in his Pens career. My gut here says remember him fondly and part ways, there are up and comers who will show the same heart and tenacity for less money. The Pens have got his best years, but Shero does not seem like the sentimental type...just the opposite in fact, cold and shrewed. Kennedy has played his last game as a Pen.

Kennedy is up as a restricted free agent. His recent salary was $2 million per year. The Pens have to offer him at least that to avoid him becoming unrestricted. Do you feel they should?

I like the kid. He shows courage and determination. He looked off this playoff season until he was benched. THEN he played like his arse was on fire. Until then though.. the season was a pretty big disappointment for Kennedy and Pens fans.

Personally... I think they should let him go. He's not worth that kind of money.

Tough call. I'd say keep 1 more year at $2,000,000. He fits under the cap this year and if he has another sub-par year you go in another direction.

@B21 If I'm Sheldon, I want to capitalize on my situation and parlay into a mutli yeared deal...ie security. Why take the chance he might suck and thus drop his ability to get a long term deal the next year?

@B21 If I'm Sheldon, I want to capitalize on my situation and parlay into a mutli yeared deal...ie security. Why take the chance he might suck and thus drop his ability to get a long term deal the next year?

He's RFA. If the Pens' offer $2,000,000, he get to decide if it's 1 year or 2, no? If he thinks $2,000,000 is too low, I would think he would take the 1 year deal and go from there.

I'm not sold on bringing back man-bear-pig. $2M/year isn't a great cost, but what does he bring. Power play, no. Penalty kill, no. He has a habit of scoring big goals in the playoffs, but is near invisible at times also. He can easily be replaced, maybe by someone who can pick up some Penalty Kill time too.

• Like 1

Forgive me Pens fans, where I came up with Sheldon I don't know...ha ha...90's flashback! Not trying to take away anything from the Tyler, but he has really made a living off those two goals in Detroit a few years back (and some BIG goals aganist the Flyers I seem to recall)....and yeah know what, when both goals are the only goals in a game 7, every respectalbe org should repay this with an obligatory contract....as long as he continues to work hard....which he has. Noss makes a great point here though, with the limited cap space, the more situations a guy can play in, the better. He's a one trick grinding pony when a mulit fauceted guy is really needed....and just might come cheaper.

Edited by jammer2