Briere on Bryz

radoran

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/briere-talks-bryzgalov-buyout-goalies-personality

Bryzgalov was a lightning rod for two short seasons, with the fans, the media and even teammates.

Bottom line: Was he liked?

“It was split,” Briere said. “Some guys liked him. Some guys did not like him, but that wasn’t really the issue … I think the Flyers felt it was better for the team moving forward.”

Asked to sum up Bryzgalov in a single word, Briere replied, “Interesting.”

“Goalies are all a little different,” Briere said. “Apart from Marty Biron, who was the most normal one, they all have different personalities and we all saw what Bryz's personality was when “24/7” came on. That was Bryz. At the end of the day, he’s a goalie.

“It’s not the players' fault or right to be bothered by what he says or does. Most of what we do has to be within the team concept. But if you think about it, the goalie is free. He doesn’t have to know what the forecheck or neutral zone trap is. He is on the spotlight every single shot. He has to be aware. Bryz was Bryz.”

HBO’s “24/7” in 2012 -- in Briere’s mind -- represented a turning point for Bryzgalov. His true personality came to life and the world discovered a cosmonaut concealed as an NHL goalie in the series that ran on television.

I've felt 24/7 was a mistake from the jump.

• Like 1

If 24/7 had been able to focus on Jagr and the friendship of browse and Giroux and other positive storylines, I think it would have been fine.

Bryz just took over. And as a side celebration, I want to interject that after months of auto correcting "Bryz" to any number of things, that just now was the first time my dang phone recognized it. Good timing phone.

If 24/7 had been able to focus on Jagr and the friendship of browse and Giroux and other positive storylines, I think it would have been fine.

Bryz just took over. And as a side celebration, I want to interject that after months of auto correcting "Bryz" to any number of things, that just now was the first time my dang phone recognized it. Good timing phone.

My phone still auto corrects to "ducking" "shot", etc, when using colorful words. It's a dumb phone, not a smart phone.

http://www.csnphilly...ies-personality

Honestly i realy don't care what he says if he wins games and BIGGER stopped a breakaway every now and then...even a shoot out win would be nice...then he could say he runs around in women's panties on with high heels when he's at home and i wouldn't give a rats ass...and long as he is stopping the puck and giving my Flyers a chance to win some games...but he's not the only thing he was consistent doing was running his mouth and deflecting blame!!!

The 24/7 was the beginning of the sinking ship...

Bryz was more interested in giving the microphones a workout than actually giving his pads a workout to stop the puck. You can't blame the HBO crew for trying to make the most interesting programming as it is simply their job. Bryz's job is to stop the puck but he chose to provide his insight on the "Humongous Big" universe instead of focusing on his responsibilities. Bryz failed at his job... the distractions, the interviews, etc... he was more interested in fame than hockey when it relates to 24/7.

The 24/7 was the beginning of the sinking ship...

Bryz was more interested in giving the microphones a workout than actually giving his pads a workout to stop the puck. You can't blame the HBO crew for trying to make the most interesting programming as it is simply their job. Bryz's job is to stop the puck but he chose to provide his insight on the "Humongous Big" universe instead of focusing on his responsibilities. Bryz failed at his job... the distractions, the interviews, etc... he was more interested in fame than hockey when it relates to 24/7.

Like i said i think most here would have over looked a lot of his crap had he stopped the puck and won some games...or way more than he did!!!

Yet he didn't and it snowballed and he didn't help stop it from rolling, in fact he just gave it another push!!!!

Like i said i think most here would have over looked a lot of his crap had he stopped the puck and won some games...or way more than he did!!!

Yet he didn't and it snowballed and he didn't help stop it from rolling, in fact he just gave it another push!!!!

100% agree... if he was goofy and stopping the puck like the goalie he was being paid to be most people would have most likely found it endearing - for a lack of better terms.

Probably the same way we Flyers fans find "Flower" endearing... :lol:

I was thinking more on Bryz's entertaining comments actually. As for play... Those two seem pretty equally horrific in the playoffs, but I'll take Fleury's regular season over Bryz's at least.

• Like 1

The biggest problem i have with his excuse "it's the system...defensemen ain't clearing lanes, blocking to many shots he needs to see...ok...i'd by that if maybe just maybe he would stop a breakaway!!!!!!!!!

It's you man to man and he barely even moves sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i call bull.schittt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

The biggest problem i have with his excuse "it's the system...defensemen ain't clearing lanes, blocking to many shots he needs to see...ok...i'd by that if maybe just maybe he would stop a breakaway!!!!!!!!!

It's you man to man and he barely even moves sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i call bull.schittt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not disagreeing, just wondering what this has to do with 24/7?

The agent's (laughable) comments thread is a different one :)