Ryan for Coburn and 1st

Guest Vincent05

http://www.ottawasun...ting-for-a-deal

"The talk is the Ducks want defenceman Braydon Coburn and a No. 1 pick from Philly in exchange for Ryan."

I would do this if the 1st is in 2014. I know the draft is here.

I'm leaning straight up yeah...

...for a #1 too....no

Edited by OccamsRazor

no deal.

I just don't get the love fest for Ryan, he scored 30 points last season, 4 points in 7 games in the playoffs. JVR scored 32 points in the regular season and 7 in the playoffs. JVR was an even trade for L. Schenn.

Coburn for Ryan straight up or no deal!

• Like 4

I think people in Philly overvalue Ryan cause he's a local guy. I get that, but he's not worth overpaying for. I mentioned in the other thread Read had 7 less goals than Ryan over his 2 years in the NHL, but has cost $9 million less. And Read is far more versatile and better defensively. Yet his name gets thrown around here in every other trade speculation. Makes no sense.

• Like 3

This topic is now officially STUPID.

sorry to just repeat what FC and HF already said but Enough is Enough.

Even if he was as fabulous as too many people seem to think why on Earth would we trade away one of our better D-men from an already-unimpressive defense?

If you're a Coburn-hater I understand but unless you are a Coburn-hater how do you justify moving him for offense? When the HELL are we going to learn that Defense wins championships? Somebody better get the message to Lavy and Homer too - if we want to bounce back from last year we better concentrate on TEAM D first and scoring goals second.

We don't need Bobby Ryan.

edit:

mentioned in the other thread Read had 7 less goals than Ryan over his 2 years in the NHL, but has cost $9 million less.

wow, did not know that. Hey Ryan fans guess that comes as a bit of a shock!

So that really should end the We Need Bobby Ryan nonsense.

Edited by canoli
  • Like 2

No, no, no, no on this trade.

I'll trade Ryan for Coburn straight up..that is even to me...everyone keeps telling me how valuable Dmen are then...so it's a even trade...

Or Mezz and Read for Ryan....period. That is a good trade. Bobby Ryan has only outscored Read by 16 points in 7 more games over the past 2 seasons.

Ryan = 128-42-45-87

Read = 121-35-36-71

Even...actually Read value is pretty high once you consider how cheap he is even it's for one more year!!!!!!!!

I'll trade Ryan for Coburn straight up..that is even to me...everyone keeps telling me how valuable Dmen are then...so it's a even trade...

Or Mezz and Read for Ryan....period. That is a good trade. Bobby Ryan has only outscored Read by 16 points in 7 more games over the past 2 seasons.

Ryan = 128-42-45-87

Read = 121-35-36-71

Even...actually Read value is pretty high once you consider how cheap he is even it's for one more year!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't give up Read for Ryan. I was ok with it for Bernier, and would be fine if it were for a young defenseman.

But on this team, right now, Read is MUCH more valuable than Cherry Hill Ryan.

• Like 1

Absolutely Brel - we're going to bend over backwards, offer multiple roster players...just to sign a guy who's *maybe* marginally better than Matt Read in ONE area of the game - goal scoring - for >4x as much money. Yah that makes a lot of sense.

Edited by canoli

Absolutely Brel - we're going to bend over backwards, offer multiple roster players...just to sign a guy who's *maybe* marginally better than Matt Read in ONE area of the game - goal scoring - for >4x as much money. Yah that makes a lot of sense.

Exactly, canoli. And this kind of move has Homer written all over it! Plus, it would weaken us defensively without making us that much better on offense (unless Ryan is some sort of 5v5 wizard that I'm not aware of).

Read is a much more complete player. He will probably get somewhere in the $3.5-4.5M range, and I hope we're the ones signing him. If they manage to lock up Giroux, Schenn, Coots, and Read long-term, we are set at forward for a long time.

I don't know if the Flyers would be able to afford it, but 4 mill a year for Read would be a very nice deal for the Flyers. If they do have intentions of keeping him, they should do it ASAP, cause his price will 5-5.5 mill a year after he scores 35 next year.

I would say never? It's the Flyers we talking about here, if they've learned that awhile back we probably won a few Cups already :(.

hen Snider is in a pine box and the dozens of ex-Flyers run nothing but the oldtimers game.

LOL. Harsh. But I guess it's true ...we certainly should've learned by now. Funny though (not) ...40-some years ago we win 2 Cups in a row and if you named the biggest difference between those teams and ALL the Flyers' teams since....it's Bernie Parent right? Vezina-winning (okay, sorry Tony, "sharing") goaltending.

Obviously a hundred other things came together for the Flyers those years...but it seems like a top-notch goaltender would be a - - -

I better stop. I'm starting to think about the Bob / Bryzgalov SCREWUP again.