GROSSMAN AND COUSINS FOR CLIFFORD AND A-MART?

Guest Vincent05

http://bigmouthbarry.com/grossman-and-cousins-for-clifford-and-a-mart/

That’s what I was sent in an e-mail this morning from a pretty respectful Flyers source.

Thinking about it…

A-Mart reduces Grossman’s 3.5 million cap hit and he’s likely dealt anyway so THAT makes sense. He’s logged an average of 18 minutes during his career and is only 28 years young. Scuderi is 34 and averaged 21 minutes and has the experience of 2 Stanley Cup runs. Grossman has only 27 games of playoff experience.

Clifford, as we know, is a Lombardi warrior, but if Scuderi is leaving, Grossman takes his place, makes a nice partner for Doughty AND is signed at a reasonable 3.5 for the next 3 years.

We love Clifford but under Sutter, he wasn’t successful on the 1st or 2nd lines and basically saw 4th line duty in the playoffs. In his first three years he’s averaged about 10 minutes of ice time. Will he get better? Will the Kings be able to fill yet ANOTHER LW spot?

Nolan would replace his toughness. Cousins would develop in Manchester (which needs players to replace the soon to be departing Cliche as well as the others that will probably make the club next season) – This would be a tough one for Lombardi, but in reality, could better the club.

Anyway, chew on that one.

More as it develops.

Not sure on those players from LA, anyone with inputs on them?

Clifford played his junior here. He's a handful in front of the net does the dirty corner work and is tough as nails. He'll never be a big point getter, but he can play.

Who the hell is A-Mart?

C'mon fc, it's K-marts brother.

http://bigmouthbarry...ord-and-a-mart/

That’s what I was sent in an e-mail this morning from a pretty respectful Flyers source.

Thinking about it…

A-Mart reduces Grossman’s 3.5 million cap hit and he’s likely dealt anyway so THAT makes sense. He’s logged an average of 18 minutes during his career and is only 28 years young. Scuderi is 34 and averaged 21 minutes and has the experience of 2 Stanley Cup runs. Grossman has only 27 games of playoff experience.

Clifford, as we know, is a Lombardi warrior, but if Scuderi is leaving, Grossman takes his place, makes a nice partner for Doughty AND is signed at a reasonable 3.5 for the next 3 years.

We love Clifford but under Sutter, he wasn’t successful on the 1st or 2nd lines and basically saw 4th line duty in the playoffs. In his first three years he’s averaged about 10 minutes of ice time. Will he get better? Will the Kings be able to fill yet ANOTHER LW spot?

Nolan would replace his toughness. Cousins would develop in Manchester (which needs players to replace the soon to be departing Cliche as well as the others that will probably make the club next season) – This would be a tough one for Lombardi, but in reality, could better the club.

Anyway, chew on that one.

More as it develops.

Not sure on those players from LA, anyone with inputs on them?

Flyers trade a pick for Scuderi's rights

Do we need another grinding forward? I mean, we have Hartnell and Simmonds on the top two lines, so Clifford wouldn't be top 6. So he becomes a 3rd liner with Couturier and either Gagne or McGinn (another grinding forward)?

Grossman is a shot blocking machine. But, he is a little slow and is an injury concern.

Still, giving up on our prospects again for a band-aid solution. Not a fan of giving up Cousins. He could end up being a steal of a pick.

That was actually one of the more confusing quotes I've read. I had no idea who A-Mart was and it kept mentioning Scuderi. Plus, it kept going in circles to the point I had no idea what I was reading.

Language skills are dead.

• Like 1

*Alec* Martinez is a dependable 5-6 guy with no flash and not much dash. He was 156th in the league in hit's with a paultry total of 30. How does a d-man even have a total that low...a few hits a week...LMAO. He was blocked by a lot of good players on the Kings d, so he finished 203rd in time on ice....it was 16.01 mins per game. The kinda guy who does his job, but can go unnoticed in games, which is a good thing for a guy of his skill set.

Clifford is a grinder with a bit of upside on offense, altough at this point, he should stay a checker. He's good at it. He is one of the no names that makes the Kings so damn tough to play against, others being Fraser, Nolan .....and you might as well add Matt Frattin to that list. Their grinders play a great game away from the puck, a real team strength.