Bobby Ryan not a Flyer

TedZep

Can't say I'm going to miss the "Ryan to Philly" weekly threads.

Ok, maybe a bit. I look at it this wat though....if he's really that good, why has Anaheim been trying to trade him for a year, and why did it take so long?

Edited by flyercanuck

Can't say I'm going to miss the "Ryan to Philly" weekly threads.

Ok, maybe a bit. I look at it this wat though....if he's really that good, why has Anaheim been trying to trade him for a year, and why did it take so long?

For a year? By Ryan's own admission yesterday, he said it's been tough being part of rumours for the past "four or five summers". Ha!

he said it's been tough being part of rumours for the past "four or five summers"

Playing for the home team has got to be pretty amazing. Briere went to the Canadiens despite their fans booing him for the last several years, it meant that much to him.

Does anyone have an opinion on which Flyers prospects/players would have equated to a similar (or slightly better) deal? Not that I was on the Get Bobby Ryan At All Costs bandwagon, but sometimes I'm a sucker for a story like that.

I have a Philly buddy who works for the Ducks / Prime Ticket, was just telling me people just don't realize that Bobby Ryan actually *never* wanted to come back & play for the Flyers. Despite being from the area apparently he had a pretty tough hockey dad & has bad memories growing up playing hockey. Said BR's kind of a weird guy, reclusive, lives in Montana.

@flyercanuck Perhaps Bolland gave a nudge/wink to Chicago management on a possible destination. Word has it he grew up wearing a Leafs jersey and dreamed of playing there someday. Agree in principal though, these two are the exception to the rule. Geez if I had a buck for every Leaf fan that muttered....they will take a discount to play for their hometown....totally untrue dispite hearing it on a weekly basis.