Homer and drafting..interesting read / perspective

Guest pilldoc

@pilldoc I don't agree with his premise, that "surprisingly" the Flyers draft well under Homer. It's common knowledge to most Flyer fans that Homer drafts well, it's the trading and contracts parts of the equation he struggles with. Don't know why he went at it from that angle, puzzling actually.

• Like 4

@pilldoc I don't agree with his premise, that "surprisingly" the Flyers draft well under Homer. It's common knowledge to most Flyer fans that Homer drafts well, it's the trading and contracts parts of the equation he struggles with. Don't know why he went at it from that angle, puzzling actually.

Being so good at drafting would be a pretty convincing argument to, you know, keep your draft picks?

• Like 1

Maybe that's why homer deals all his second rounders, it bumps up the games played by draft picks.

Yeah i just hope he holds onto them and doesn't include them in some crazy trade in a few years...Morin and Hagg will i believe will be on two different pairs, in the future not playing together...separate QBs...i think.

This was a good draft i believe if for no other reason than for the 1st two picks.

Everything else is just extra.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Found an interesting article on Homer

Here is another one...

"A summer hockey league, many years ago. A disturbance in front of one bench. A young Brian Burke stands and calls out one of the opposing players.

"The next thing I know, Paul Holmgren's standing in front of the bench," Burke recalled.

"He says, 'Come on, tough guy.'"

Over the bench goes Burke.

The two start trading punches.

Finally, the linesman steps in and Burke thinks to himself, that's it? That's all the famous tough guy from Minnesota has got?

"Then, boom, he comes with the left and he got me good," Burke said.

His eye swollen shut; the moment provided a lasting memory for the current Toronto general manager.

"I learned a valuable lesson that day and that was not to chirp at Paul Holmgren," Burke said."

hahaha...

http://espn.go.com/n...nslates-gm-role

Burke learned the hard way...

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very belated post, just between us nuts who pay attention to this stuff in early August:

I can easily imagine Hagg and Morin playing as a pair. A lot of skill and two very different styles and skill sets that I can imagine being very complementary.

I love the Burke Homer story. Homer tuned up plenty of guys in his day; add Burke to the list.