A Proposal Trade- Van to Philly

Guest goalnut3133

Saw this interesting post on our Canucks forum ('Armchair GM'ing) & wondered what you guys thought about this re-ordering of our roster. Personally, I don't agree with trading Burrows, as he has made some good plays with the Sedins, not as great as Kes used to be, but still some decent chemistry there.

Here's the proposed/fantasy trade:

The poster stated that Malholtra is no longer what he used to be (after eye injury) & that we needed a 'proven center' & Schroeder is not ready for the job yet.

If 'NTC' was waived, then the following--

To Philly:

Burrows

Hansen

Cannata (G)

1st Round pick

To Van:

B Schenn

Read

He also says that it's a lot to pay now but future looks good for promising RW Read & Philly has 'log jam of centers' so won't hurt them losing Schenn. And they can fill out RW with Burrows/Hansen. Also would allow us to free up cap space.

I agree about the cap space, but I still think that's a lot to give up for us.

Any thoughts?

meh, I'd pass. Burrows is getting up there in age and the salary coming back is high considering where the Flyers currently sit cap wise. Hansen is interesting and the pick is very nice too.

Not a terrible proposal in the least, but I think Schenn has far more value with this team.

• Like 2

No thanks. We know what were going to get out of Read... and we HOPE we get more out of Schenn. To give up 2 rising stars for some peaked/diminishing players sounds like the old flyers. The pick would be nice, but it's going to be a 20th overall or something anyways. I'd have to pass.

• Like 2

No thanks. We know what were going to get out of Read... and we HOPE we get more out of Schenn. To give up 2 rising stars for some peaked/diminishing players sounds like the old flyers. The pick would be nice, but it's going to be a 20th overall or something anyways. I'd have to pass.

I agree for the sake of the Flyers, that formula has been done before. Best to keep with the fresh & up'n'comers right now & try to flesh out a better team.

Same for me, not enough com'in our way, that first rounder will be middle of the pack....meh.

Yeah, plus where do you play Burrows? Wouldn't you think Hartnell, Simmonds, and Burrows might be a bit redundant? I'd take Burrows over Hartnell, though.

n

How about Horvat for LeCavalier?

lol...I don't trust Vinnie...he'd be great for us off the bat which we really need right now, but he may decide later he'd rather go to our hated rival...Boston! lol. BoHo may take some time, but I'd trust his loyalty more. And I'm really excited to see what he can produce for us.