Top 10 NHL goalies for 2013-14 season

Guest jammer2

So, who do you have in your top 10? Some tough choices....my list might look different from a lot of other ones.

1)King Lundqvist

2)Mike Quick

3)Pekka Rinne

4)Craig Anderson

5)Sergi Bobrovsky

6)Corey Schneider

7)Braden Holtby

8)Corey Crawford

9)Anti Niemi

10)Jimmy Howard

Just missed

11)Cam Ward

12)Carey Price

13)Johnathan Bernier

14)Victor Fasth

15)Ray Emery

I think Ward and Price are proven top 10 goalies, but will have to earn their way back up there. Some may say Mike Smith is a glaring omission, but I think his downward trend will continue. Depending on playing time etc, John Gibson may make his way on this list before the end of the season.

Turco Rask deserves to be in the top 5.  I think I'd but Backstrom ahead of Bernier, Bernier is going to split time with Reimer.  Schneider is going to split time with Brodeur.  

I'd put Elliot on the list ahead of Fasth also.  

My top 10.

1. Lundquivst

2 Quick

3. Rask 

4 Rinne

5. Anderson

6. Niemi

7. Howard

8. Crawford

9 Bobrovsky

10. Elliot

11.  Backstrom

12 Price

13 Holtby

14 Ward

15 Hiller

@hf101  I think both Bernier and Schneider will both earn the starting gigs, over time they will win the confidence of their coachs. I wanted to put Elliot in there, his stats say he deserves it, but I also had to factor in that Halak is still the official starter. When Schneider is on, he's nearly unbeatable. If he ever puts together those hot streaks for long periods of time, he vaults into the top 5 real quick.

I think Mike Smith makes a little more playoff magic for the Desert team.

That and some random goalie gets hurt and someone signs Bryz and he wins the cup after stepping in to save the team and becomes the hero of a whole different city.

Just because that's what happens when everyone else leaves here.

Edited by NarrowRoadHeros

@  If Bryz ended up winning the cup for somebody, I'd have to quit watching hockey.....forever. I'd be to bitter, and to worried it was somehow fixed.

Its going to happen

Its going to be a huge deal too

How often does a team get booed when it wins the cup and then cheered when its losing the cup?

@Polaris922 I was just going on who's skill set is the best going into next year, and a general factoring in of the top cats like GGA, SV% and wins. Using that criteria, the door is ajar a few inches as you ponder putting Fleury in your top 10 :rolleyes:

Okay but I gotta ask... Who does Mike Quick play for?

Okay but I gotta ask... Who does Mike Quick play for?

Ha ha...that's my inner Eagle coming out, former Philly Eagle Mike Quick, the only other famous Quick in sports, so must have had a memory lapse. Quick was one of my favourite Eagles growing up, so that's probably what I did. He was an excellent pro bowl (5 times) wide out back in the day, pretty sure Ron Jaworski was his QB for most of his Philly time.