Next 10 Games

activestick

So everyone doesn't have to go find the schedule....

Phoenix

@Detroit

Vancouver

Pittsburgh

Rangers

@Islanders

Anaheim

Washington

@New Jersey

@Carolina

New Jersey

Edmonton

8 of the next 12 are at home

I agree they need the points in this stretch because there are some tough stretches later on in the season like:

11/30 - 12/11 where they have 6 road games in a row:  Preds, Wild, Red Wings, Stars, Ottawa, Hawks

12/28 - 1/7 where they have 6 road games in a row: Oil, Canucks, Flames, Avs, Coyotes, Devils

Disney on Ice has the Flyers on the road for a month in the winter.

I shudder to think what this current mess looks like playing against a good puck possession team like Detroit  & dare I say it Pittsburgh.  

right now, I'd consider sitting G for Phoenix to make sure he is okay, because he has been bad this year, there is something really not right with his play.  He needs to get well or sack up or something.

• Like 1

the good news is that the team has a three day break for Berube to tweak some of the on ice issues. The defense needs to be addressed and the time in the offensive zone needs a look. I would get Simmonds and Hartnell off of Giroux's line. 

I'd much rather see Vorack and Shenn on a line with Giroux

• Like 1

Disney on Ice has the Flyers on the road for a month in the winter.

I shudder to think what this current mess looks like playing against a good puck possession team like Detroit  & dare I say it Pittsburgh.  

right now, I'd consider sitting G for Phoenix to make sure he is okay, because he has been bad this year, there is something really not right with his play.  He needs to get well or sack up or something.

I agree Mojo... something is just not right with G.   He mentioned last night in the post game interview it was "mental" and that he is fine.   His play is just not right which leads me to believe he is still hurting from the "golfing" accident.   He is going through a lot as a young Captain so I have to think that is playing a part in his play.   Too much pressure w/ all of the drama surrounding club or maybe the pressure of signing a huge deal? 

Who knows but we need G to be the best on this Team for us to have a chance and righting this ship/

So what would define a successful 12 games? (The thread says 10 but 12 are posted).

Based on the schedule, I think we can "expect" 5-7, which means we beat the teams we should, and lose to the teams we should (but including a split with the Devils)

"Success" would be 6-6 or better, which means beating the teams we should and pulling off a few "upsets", say beating Anaheim and Washington.

Phoenix - W

@Detroit - L

Vancouver - L

Pittsburgh - L

Rangers - W

@Islanders - L

Anaheim - L

Washington - L

@New Jersey - L

@Carolina - W

New Jersey - W

Edmonton - W

So what would define a successful 12 games? (The thread says 10 but 12 are posted).

Based on the schedule, I think we can "expect" 5-7, which means we beat the teams we should, and lose to the teams we should (but including a split with the Devils)

"Success" would be 6-6 or better, which means beating the teams we should and pulling off a few "upsets", say beating Anaheim and Washington.

,500 doesn't get you in the playoffs so I'm saying successful as 7-5 or better.

,500 doesn't get you in the playoffs so I'm saying successful as 7-5 or better.

I don't think the actual W-L record will (or should) be as important as how the team plays. Given the mess of last season + the start of this season that he inherited, I think Berube will be given plenty of time to straighten things out.