Scott: "I don't try to be a dirty player"

radoran

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=688323&utm_campaign=Wildfire+Message+-+John+Scott%3A+%22I+was+sick+to+my+stomach+last...&utm_content=po_557222&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

“I don’t think I’m a dirty player. I try to play within the code and within the rules,” he said after the team’s practice at First Niagara Center on Thursday. “This is my first suspension and I don’t think I’m a dirty player. I don’t try to be a dirty player. I feel really upset. I was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened and watching the video, I just kind of regret the situation. I don’t want to be a dirty player.”

He now faces an in-person hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety in New York City for the hit, meaning he will be suspended for at least five games. As of Thursday morning, he did not know when that hearing would be held.

Scott said he sent a text message to Eriksson after the game, apologizing for the hit. He also said that he did not realize the hit was to Eriksson’s head until he saw a replay from the penalty box.

“It happened pretty fast. I just thought I was completing a check but obviously I kind of, you know, hit his head and it wasn’t exactly what I was aiming for,” Scott said. “I didn’t want to do that. It was just a bad play and it’s unfortunate what happened.”

The guy is a seven foot tall slug. No business in the NHL. Ericksson is an elite gifted player who plays a finess game. The whole Kessel thing was just one of those things, I actually felt bad for Scott with Kessel trying to chop him down to his size by swinging his stick like an axe, but this was just blatantly concussing a solid player for absolutely no reason.

Edited by yave1964