Flyers - Oilers game thread

hf101

Once they decided to start skating they started to get some decent chances. Coburn has had some nice shots. Giroux needs to pick up the pace, Rosehill is skating faster than him.

Let's Go Flyers!

Speed on the ice and the slow motion view are to say the least different. The Ref saw the shoulder to the head but after seeing the replay they gave the Oilers a makeup call.

Where was the makeup call? I think your boys were winning this one regardless, but that call was crap. And how do you "make up" for a10 minute match penalty??

Edited by Polaris922

Where was the makeup call? I don't recall any 5 minute majors to make up for anything?

In the middle of the 5min major the Flyers took a penalty making it 4 on 4.  Thus they really only had a 3 min pp.

In the middle of the 5min major the Flyers took a penalty making it 4 on 4. Thus they really only had a 3 min pp.

ONLY 3 minutes... The Giroux scores 4 on 4 when the Oilers may have had a power play instead... Or at least been 5 on 5. Plus they're down a player for the duration.

As I said I think you guys were winning that one regardless, just made me laugh that all we ever hear us how the Flyers get so many reputation calls when really if you look at the PP vs PK stats you're WAY in the plus side. ;)

@Polaris922

Well one game the calls worked out in the Flyers favor. :rolleyes:

Belov did make contact with Giroux's head. Maybe there should be the choice of a minor and a major for penalties give for contact to the head?

Gonna take your word on this one, but I honestly didn't even see contact with the head.

Gonna take your word on this one, but I honestly didn't even see contact with the head.

I don't think this was worthy of a match penalty.  Had Giroux not turned to avoid most of the hit it could have been much worse.

I don't think this was worthy of a match penalty. Had Giroux not turned to avoid most of the hit it could have been much worse.

http://youtu.be/4HgCi7-rqEI

Possibly would have been worse, yes. I'm trying really hard, but I don't see any head contact. Those are the angles I saw in game, and I didn't see it then, either. I didn't see it live, though.

I'm thinking the intent seems to be there, but he missed

I love all the finger pointing at the Pens... Malkin, Neal, oh we get Pens treatment for once... Blah blah... Go look at the power play stats for the past few years... You guys get more calls in your favor with a less talented lineup. Maybe I should start crying I want the Flyers treatment by the refs?

You guys epitomize the "oh woe is me" category in this topic! Lol

I love all the finger pointing at the Pens... Malkin, Neal, oh we get Pens treatment for once... Blah blah... Go look at the power play stats for the past few years... You guys get more calls in your favor with a less talented lineup. Maybe I should start crying I want the Flyers treatment by the refs?

You guys epitomize the "oh woe is me" category in this topic! Lol

Malkin just mauled Couturier and got nothing. How's the penalty split look so far in the Pens/Flyers game? Pens just finally got called for one against Engelland. Not to highlight the blatant, missed high stick to Streit's face either...

Must be nice to have a golden goose.