Favorite quotes by hockey players and coaches

Chicago Hawkie

What are some of your favorite quotes from hockey players, coaches, GMs, etc.?

They can be during press conferences, or in the papers, or during interviews.  They can be inspirational, or funny, or can be a portent of how the night's game will go.

One of those that come to my mind was during the 1996 Stanley Cup playoff semifinals, Hawks-Avs, where Patrick Roy had had enough of Jeremy Roenick and said,

"I can't hear what Jeremy is saying because I have my two Stanley Cup rings coveriong my ears."

Classic.  :lol:

Not really a favorite, but it must be put up for the WTF factor:

"Roger got cancer. That wasn't our fault. We didn't tell him to go get cancer. It's too bad that he did. We feel sorry for him, but then he went goofy on us."

• Like 2

"If I pay somebody a certain amount of money, ... everybody that walks into my office knows what I've paid. So if you pay too much for one player, you better be prepared to pay too much for seven players."

Ken Holland

Dino Cicarelli after the handshake line and shaking hands with Claude Lemieux, "I cant believe I shook his freaking hand."

Fred Shero "Arrive at the net with the puck and in ill humor."

Bobby Hull: "My ex-wife made me a millionaire. Of course I used to have three million."

Wayne Gretzky "I don't play where the puck is, I play where the puck is going to be."

@yave1964

"Dino Cicarelli after the handshake line and shaking hands with Claude Lemieux, "I cant believe I shook his freaking hand."

Fred Shero "Arrive at the net with the puck and in ill humor."

Bobby Hull: "My ex-wife made me a millionaire. Of course I used to have three million."

Wayne Gretzky "I don't play where the puck is, I play where the puck is going to be.""

Those are all priceless!  :lol:

John Tortorella (man, has THIS guy has a treasure trove of quotables... :D  ), towards Ken Hitchcock during the 2004 playoffs...Torts Lightning coach, Hitchcock Flyers coach.

Hitchcock apparently had some words for some Tampa players during the game...and Torts came out with some of these during the press conference afterwards...

"......Park your ego, shove it in your pocket...its about the two teams..."

and

"...I'm not in the battle, he's not in the battle...SHUT YER YAP!"

• Like 1