Keith Allen dead at 90

ruxpin

I had the pleasure of meeting the man back in the mid-eighties as a young Flyers fan.  He was obviously in a hurry but he took the time to stop and talk to me like I was the most important fan in the world. A truly genuine, honest, and nicer man I have never met since.  He will truly be missed.  

Bill Meltzer wrote a blog this summer prior to Allen's 90th birthday.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=53481

Keith Allen has been in poor health in recent years. He suffers from a form of dementia and was placed in the Sunrise Senior Living facility in Newtown Square in order to receive full-time care. Late last year, Philadelphia Inquirer Flyers beat writer Sam Carchidi visited Allen at the facility and wrote a poignant and moving article that emphasized Allen's class, dignity and charm rather than a maudlin description of the ravages of his illness. 

In my opinion, he's where the credit for the two Cups should go. RIP Keith, you'll be missed

Indeed he was the architect of those 2 Cup teams and deserves full credit! I also owe him my fan hood as he built those mid 80s teams that made me fall in love with the Flyers before Clarkie came and ruined them. RIP to the best GM the Flyers have ever had.