Bourdon concussed again

jammer2

Real bad news for Flyers fans and Marc Andre himself. How much bad luck can one player endure? Apparently he smashed his head on the boards and also received  a cut under the eye on the same play. This happened on Feb 8th and he has been having the classic up and down days related to concussions. Very sad, but I think he should hang up the skates and try a different career. Weird happened weeks ago and I'm just reading about this now? If it's been discussed sorry, just have not seen any threads referring to the new injury. Metzler covers it in his latest blog...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-Saturday-Quick-Hits/45/58147

@RonJeremy  What I don't get, in this day and age of the internet, with literally everything at our fingertips, who are we only hearing about this now? Puzzling to say the least. The Flyers have had some bad luck, who can forget the Teristitnay (sp...sorry) tragedy? At least Bourdon is alive to tell the story. If the Flyers allow MAB to continue, they should be held accountable.

Man, this really sucks. I liked what he brought to the table. I hope he gets the best doctors, and listens to what they say. I also hope Homer qualifies his RFA contract, if for no other reason, to help him medically. The Flyers do try to mix a family feel with business, and I think it's the right thing to do.

@doom88 I wonder if the kid has a good head on his shoulders, if so....perhaps he can be employed as a Quebec league scout or something. Would be a nice gesture anyways.

Not a bad thought. Or maybe coaching? I doubt he'd put a player at risk given his personal history.

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to someone. It really is just an unfair existence for us people to live in. I really feel bad for him all the man wants to do is play hockey. I hope he is compensated big time for his problems and gets a good job with something that has to do with hockey either in the minors or the pros...