All from a doughburn terrible pass to jump

pensuck

He's the strongest defensive playing d man we have so keep that in mind.

Compared to Luke or grossman, I'd play coburn in any situation.

Mezzo is coming along as a two way again, but still... Until the roster changes quite a bit, Coby's the best we got.

The reason you see him making so many

Mistakes is because he is the best and he's out there the most (more than Anyone else) and usually in the toughest situations against the top lines.

Better than coby exists, but not on this team.

He Is Sooooo Overrated . Keeps Making Rookie Mistakes In His 7Th Year??? But Some On Here Say Yes But He Skates Like The wind And He's Big... Who Cares Dump Him And Hartnell.

Grossmann got overpowered on his goal against. Terrible. That's supposed to be his bread and butter.

Giroux is overstaying shifts again, and I wonder if that's what happened with his shady back check on goal against 3.

Mezzo is coming along as a two way again

Please stop with the lies! NO THE HELL HE IS NOT!!!

He was horrible yesterday....he finished -3 and without Mason should have been -5. With Bryz he would have.

Dude is a turd on skates!!!!

In fact a turn would maybe not screen his own goalie!!!

They should play Mezz on the PP and let him stand at the top of the crease and let him screen the other teams goalie cause that is all he does.....WELL.

You're right.  He had an awful game.

Turd on skates is a bit harsh considering his offensive game turnaround, but yes.  Point taken.  He's yet another liability in our own end. 

Which makes Coburn even more important... sad as that must be to some of the people here, it can't be helped.  He's our #1 guy.  That needs to change sure, but until it does, I think it would be wise for all of us to keep Coburn's role in perspective.

Please stop with the lies! NO THE HELL HE IS NOT!!!

He was horrible yesterday....he finished -3 and without Mason should have been -5. With Bryz he would have.

Dude is a turd on skates!!!!

In fact a turn would maybe not screen his own goalie!!!

They should play Mezz on the PP and let him stand at the top of the crease and let him screen the other teams goalie cause that is all he does.....WELL.

Which numbers?  The ones where he plays more minutes per game than anyone else on the team?

Or the ones where he is first team on every penalty kill?

2 minutes more per night than Timmonen

3.25 minutes more per night than Grossman

5 minutes more per night than Mezaros

almost 6 minutes more per night than Schenn

He plays the PK and draws match ups against the top lines of the other teams. 

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Coburn is league elite material, I'm just saying that he is far and away the strongest defensively minded D man on the team.

I'm just saying that he's the best we have and before you go shredding him silly think about the capacity he's being asked to fill.

I mean I'm sorry he's not Pronger and all... but he's not.  He's what we have.  Do you really want Grossman and Schenn to pull more minutes in lieu of Coburn?

@King
Check His Numbers and Get Back To me.

He's our #1 guy.

That is sad. Mezz just doesn't look good with anyone..........except Chara....maybe they did in the Olympics.

Lets face it Luke is slow but he and Gus played rather well together since being reunited in the Boston game, only since i can make of benching Gus and playing Mezz is the scouts need to see Mezz play which i'm sure didn't win over anyone with that game yesterday. May have to pay someone to take Mezz off their hands....

Edited by OccamsRazor

Coburn is our top d-man?  Just shoot me now. Until we get 3 or even 4 d-men better than him, this team will never be taken seriously. I'd let the kids develop and stick with our cast of re-treads and just suffer through it. Grossmann and Schenn need to go though...it would make the team better right away, no matter who replaces them. I wanna know how putting Oliver Laurdisen in Grossmann's spot would make this team worse....they need to get rid of Grossmann and call up the kid, see what he has to offer.