Orlov Suspended Two Games for Schenn hit

The Quigster

Capitals defenseman Dmitri Orlov has been suspended two games for boarding Brayden Schenn.

Shortly before the play Schenn drilled Orlov in a clean but hard hit, Orlov forgot a hockey game was going on and instead simply charged full bore into Schenn for a well deserved five minute boarding call.

Cheap hit. Five games would have been better but at least he got something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waYZWi-Fkso

Orlov got off lightly, in my opinion. He left his feet recklessly, with no attempt to pull up, and went into Schenn with Brayden's back to him. Four games would have been appropriate.

Orlov got off lightly, in my opinion. He left his feet recklessly, with no attempt to pull up, and went into Schenn with Brayden's back to him. Four games would have been appropriate.

He targeted Schenn after Schenn hit him hard but cleanly and quit playing hockey he simply went looking for revenge. I agree two games seems a bit short.

Bad hit, and we're lucky Schenn wasn't hurt. He also cost his team not only a valuable point, but gave the Flyers two to keep them ahead. I doubt his coach is pleased....but then again Oates had Ovechkin out there with a 1 goal lead and a minute left in the game. So he's just as stupid.