On the bright side...

B21

10 of our last 15 are at home.

Even after the weekend sweep we still have a 15 point lead in the division.

Kunitz, Martin and Bennett will all be back by the playoffs (or sooner).  Hopefully, Neal as well.

I get more and more confident in Zatkoff every time he plays which makes Vokoun a luxury at this point. 

Plenty of time to regroup.

I get more and more confident in Zatkoff every time he plays which makes Vokoun a luxury at this point.

Zatkoff has not looked out of place with the big club but he was not tested near as much as Fluery was the last game. Fluery took the last 2 games against the Flyers in the shorts as far as help from the rest of the team. Has Vokoun gotten any ice time since his return, even AHL for rehab?

@B21

All is not lost despite the 2 losses this weekend.  Injuries happen that is just the way it goes.  However, if I am a Pens fans, what is concerning is how they lost.  The Pens got totally dominated in the 1st game.  There was no life, no sense of urgency.  It happens.  It was coming out totally flat with no D in the 2nd game is what Pens fans should be up in arms about.  How can your coach or captain allow a rival to come into your house and immediately go up 3-0?  If it was not for MAF and the lone goal near the end of the period, your team was easily looking at being down 4-0 or possibly 5-1 going into intermission.  At least they made a game of it.  Your coach made ZERO adjustments in either game.

OK so you get back some bodies, but does that immediately make Blysma into making good coaching decisions or good in game adjustments.  I fully understand some of your fellow fans frustrations regarding your coach.  Also, IMO, I never really saw the Pens push back.  As you know the Eastern conference is very physical and when push comes to shove, I really don't see your team finding within themselves to push back.  That is what I would  I would be concerned about.  Yes you will get the bodies back but I think your team has other issues.  Again, just my opinion.

10 of our last 15 are at home.

Even after the weekend sweep we still have a 15 point lead in the division.

Kunitz, Martin and Bennett will all be back by the playoffs (or sooner).  Hopefully, Neal as well.

Plenty of time to regroup.

You guys are decimated by injury. After a pretty long run of watching the rollercoaster we call The Flyers, it was fun for us to take that series, as well as it being way more important to our teams playoff hopes. We all know how much you and Polaris and Noss have enjoyed watching us Philly fans squirm last year and this, now it's our turn to rub it in a bit, if only for a weekend. It's all in fun. I'm really enjoying the Pens fans totally freaking out on the HF boards...the sky is definately falling over there.

Over the next few weeks you guys will get your guys back and all will be well in Pensville....unless you meet the Flyers or Bruins in the playoffs. ^_^

. I'm really enjoying the Pens fans totally freaking out on the HF boards...the sky is definately falling over there.

Not just there but all over.  I visited several Pens forums just to gauge how they are handling the weekend and many as you say have the sky is falling mentality.  Really entertaining.

@B21

All is not lost despite the 2 losses this weekend.  Injuries happen that is just the way it goes.  However, if I am a Pens fans, what is concerning is how they lost.  The Pens got totally dominated in the 1st game.  There was no life, no sense of urgency.  It happens.  It was coming out totally flat with no D in the 2nd game is what Pens fans should be up in arms about.  How can your coach or captain allow a rival to come into your house and immediately go up 3-0?  If it was not for MAF and the lone goal near the end of the period, your team was easily looking at being down 4-0 or possibly 5-1 going into intermission.  At least they made a game of it.  Your coach made ZERO adjustments in either game.

OK so you get back some bodies, but does that immediately make Blysma into making good coaching decisions or good in game adjustments.  I fully understand some of your fellow fans frustrations regarding your coach.  Also, IMO, I never really saw the Pens push back.  As you know the Eastern conference is very physical and when push comes to shove, I really don't see your team finding within themselves to push back.  That is what I would  I would be concerned about.  Yes you will get the bodies back but I think your team has other issues.  Again, just my opinion.

The "how they lost" is a concern but not a long term one for me.  Am I pizzed? Sure. But only because they didn't get up for a rivalry game even with another crack at the Flyers a day later.  I don't think it's a long term issue...not when they are not even close to being healthy.  This is a team, after all, that a week earlier hung with San Jose on the road then went into Anaheim and beat the Ducks the next night.  The Flyers always get up for the Pens. We just didn't get up for the Flyers this time.  When we did, the results were there in the 2nd and 3rd periods of the Sunday game. It was just too little, too late.  You definitely have our number in our own barn though.

At this point, Bylsma is what he is.  A laid back, low key guy who does not seem to be the best in-game coach.  Anything short of the ECF and I think he does not return as coach.

I also agree the Pens are not physical enough though two of their more physical forwards (Neal and Kunitz) were out. 

You guys are decimated by injury. After a pretty long run of watching the rollercoaster we call The Flyers, it was fun for us to take that series, as well as it being way more important to our teams playoff hopes. We all know how much you and Polaris and Noss have enjoyed watching us Philly fans squirm last year and this, now it's our turn to rub it in a bit, if only for a weekend. It's all in fun. I'm really enjoying the Pens fans totally freaking out on the HF boards...the sky is definately falling over there.

Over the next few weeks you guys will get your guys back and all will be well in Pensville....unless you meet the Flyers or Bruins in the playoffs. ^_^

You should know by now the the only smart Pens fans are Polaris, Nos and myself.  And SidMalkin.

Dan Bylsma is abylsmal.

See what I did there?

So what you're saying is you can have abysmal without Bylsma.  Damn its all so clear now.   

Now if you can only clear up the Kennedy asassination, Area 51 and which came first of the chicken and egg I can sit back and relax.

I don't know that people don't think Kunitz is a good player, I think he is fine in his role on your team. He was not of the talent level of the rest of team Canada... More than one thing can be true.

@Polaris922

There are some that think anybody could do his job because of Crosby. We've seen that's not true in recent games. I'm not saying he's better than some that were overlooked at all aspects of the game, but the man has his strengths and deserves recognition for his achievements.

@Polaris922

The US game was his only decent game. Maybe it was nerves, I don't know, but he handled the puck like a greased pig.

Giroux? MSL? Hall? Anyway I think it was a no brainer whether Crosby needs a guy he's got chemistry with or not, you take the better players, not who Crosby wants.

So what you're saying is you can have abysmal without Bylsma.  Damn its all so clear now.   

Now if you can only clear up the Kennedy asassination, Area 51 and which came first of the chicken and egg I can sit back and relax.

Sure thing.

Kennedy assassination was staged, as he is currently hanging out in Area 51 with Elvis. Area 51 itself is actually a retirement home, but is utilized by the government to distract people from the true alien landing site - San Francisco.  Funnily enough, the chicken and the egg thing is much closer than people think, but the truth is chicken because the first chicken to step foot on this planet in 3013 B.C. from the Great Poultry Mothership was pregnant and went in butt first. Chicken wins, but just by the tail feathers.

But in the end, all of this adds up to the Penguins being a very good, if somewhat unpredictable team. I personally think it's time to change coaches up, not necessarily because Bylsma is bad, but because it's just time to shake things up. This is all assuming, of course, that they don't win the cup this year. Which they very well could.

Edited by Commander Clueless

But in the end, all of this adds up to the Penguins being a very good, if somewhat unpredictable team. I personally think it's time to change coaches up, not necessarily because Bylsma is bad, but because it's just time to shake things up. This is all assuming, of course, that they don't win the cup this year. Which they very well could.

I'd just like to see a few weeks played with the full roster.  All hands on deck.  Understanding Dupuis is not part of that this season, I'll take the rest on board and see where it takes us.  

I'd just like to see a few weeks played with the full roster.  All hands on deck.  Understanding Dupuis is not part of that this season, I'll take the rest on board and see where it takes us.  

Looks like the start of the playoffs....

Looks like the start of the playoffs....

I don't mind that either...  give the injured a rest... give the stars a rest.  Lower expectations until the first round... THEN all hands on deck and try to get rolling.  A game or two before would be nice to let them get acclimated, but it is what it is.