Preview: Blues vs. Flyers

bunnyman

Because of the realignment, we just don't see Philly all that much. The City of Brotherly Love has produced interesting hockey teams over the years. Since they aren't our rivals, they smell like air. Not fresh laundry, not smelly underpants.

It should be a good game. I hope Reaves beats up somebody, and I hope Miller doesn't make the trade to get him here look lopsided in Buffalo's favour.

Go Blues!!!!

Big test for the Flyers here. They responded well for the Pens home and home, and then outplayed the Hawks. A bit of a letdown (which was to be expected) against Dallas but got the win. But this is the top of the heap here. We'll see what we're really made of....here's hoping Miller has visions of mass murder in his sleep leading up to the game. But any lazy stuff against the Blues will cost them. I'd take a point in this one and be happy.

Edited by hf101
removed content
  • Like 2

Big test for the Flyers here. They responded well for the Pens home and home, and then outplayed the Hawks. A bit of a letdown (which was to be expected) against Dallas but got the win. But this is the top of the heap here. We'll see what we're really made of....here's hoping Miller has visions of mass murder in his sleep leading up to the game. But any lazy stuff against the Blues will cost them. I'd take a point in this one and be happy.

Good post, FC. 

I would be ok with a loss if the Flyers show they can somewhat hang with the best. Kinda like the Hawks game. I know we won, but even if we had lost, the Flyers really didn't look out of place, and it could have gone either way.

This will be a good measuring stick.

Posted · Hidden by hf101, March 21, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by hf101, March 21, 2014 - off topic

Using half the flour (3/4 cup) coat the pieces of rabbit, shaking off any excess. Heat the oil and butter in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, and brown the floured rabbit on all sides. Add the celery, carrots, onions, salt, pepper, bay leaves, 6 cups water and red wine, and stew for about 2 hours. Add the potatoes 45 minutes into the stewing process. Once the rabbit and all the vegetables are cooked, use some water to form a paste with the remaining 3/4 cup flour. Stir the flour mixture into the pot as a thickener. Add the already sauteed mushrooms to the stew and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings, if necessary, and serve.

Using half the flour (3/4 cup) coat the pieces of rabbit, shaking off any excess. Heat the oil and butter in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, and brown the floured rabbit on all sides. Add the celery, carrots, onions, salt, pepper, bay leaves, 6 cups water and red wine, and stew for about 2 hours. Add the potatoes 45 minutes into the stewing process. Once the rabbit and all the vegetables are cooked, use some water to form a paste with the remaining 3/4 cup flour. Stir the flour mixture into the pot as a thickener. Add the already sauteed mushrooms to the stew and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings, if necessary, and serve.

Edit: Tikaani (avatar) likes his rabbits raw.

@JackStraw

Btw- that was just an asshole-ish post.

Sorry if it came off the wrong way. It was intended purely in fun. I'm actually rooting for the Blues to win the Cup (assuming the Flyers don't).

This game is a good matchup for both teams, since we play them again in a week or so I hope for at least a split.  The Blues are a lot like the Flyers with balanced scoring throughout the lineup.  Amazingly they don't have a single player in the NHL's top 30 in scoring.  

Gee whiz.  All of these notifications.  Well I will give you guys credit for playing well at home.  Boston seems just too good for anyone in the East right now.  To me the Rangers are the only team with a shot to beat them.  But I will give your Flyers credit, playing far better than early on.   Still think the West wins in the end.  The Kings and Bruins right now are playing lights out.  The Blues are too except for last night  So you want my prediction?    Boston or Rangers vs Kings or Blues in finals

Very credible choices for the finals. I always root for original six clubs so either out of the east (unless my Wings make it) would be fine. I don't see the Kings, too many teams ahead of them IMHO but they know how to win when it counts so you can never count them out.