Is VLC really that bad?

CoachX

VLC is fine, but we already have too many centers and more are on the way and BLC simply didn't distinguish himself at either wing (new to the position or not, that's the reality).

VLC's fault or not that's the reality.

If they can move him for a decent D-Man (an absolute need) I can't see why they wouldn't.

He could be better next year, but there simply isn't room at the inn. Even if he goes we still don't have anyplace to play Laughton and the kid is going to need playing time.

We needed jagr and homer spent twice as much for VLC. Didn't make sense then but that's what we got.

Look, I get the arguement as it pertains to salary. A guy making that kind of jack should be producing better. Its hard to argue against it. But I can't blame him for taking what was offered. that's on Homer. However, VLC was 9th on the team in points (37), tenth in assists (17), and fifth in goals (20). He did this on a new team while changing positons several times and going through the debacle of the start of this season.

I'm not arguing that it was a great deal or his worth in relation to it. But I would say another season is not the worst thing in the world if he can at least produce at the same level. If they did find a way to move him, would they get back a player who produces at the same level? And none of us can say he won't be better next season. How many of us thought Jagr was going to be as good as he was, or that Hartnell would score 37 goals in a season?

Posted · Hidden by radoran, May 22, 2014 - duplicate
Hidden by radoran, May 22, 2014 - duplicate

VLC is fine, but we already have too many centers and more are on the way and BLC simply didn't distinguish himself at either wing (new to the position or not, that's the reality).

VLC's fault or not that's the reality.

If they can move him for a decent D-Man (an absolute need) I can't see why they wouldn't.

He could be better next year, but there simply isn't room at the inn. Even if he goes we still don't have anyplace to play Laughton and the kid is going to need playing time.

We needed jagr and homer spent twice as much for VLC. Didn't make sense then but that's what we got.

Look, I get the arguement as it pertains to salary. A guy making that kind of jack should be producing better. Its hard to argue against it. But I can't blame him for taking what was offered. that's on Homer. However, VLC was 9th on the team in points (37), tenth in assists (17), and fifth in goals (20). He did this on a new team while changing positons several times and going through the debacle of the start of this season.

I'm not arguing that it was a great deal or his worth in relation to it. But I would say another season is not the worst thing in the world if he can at least produce at the same level. If they did find a way to move him, would they get back a player who produces at the same level? And none of us can say he won't be better next season. How many of us thought Jagr was going to be as good as he was, or that Hartnell would score 37 goals in a season?

What if VLC does not want to leave?  Can we shame him into leaving?  Negative reporters, angry fans, a warm inviting pressbox....this could get ugly!!!

Maybe Lindros would do the Flyers a solid and sleep with VLC's wife.

Grossmann just isn't good enough anymore. I don't think it's a fluke. It's not his fault as a man, but the player is toast.

Lauridsen should have played this season, with Gill sporadically rotating in to keep guys fresh.

Huh?

I get some of the Grossman part but you would rather rotate Gill?!?  That right there is worse than Grossman...

Lauridsen should have played this season

That my man is a fact kid is ready remember he is a stay at home guy at 6-6 225 would have been a better option to replace GrossmanN than Gill he will be 26 this upcoming season and has only gotten 15 games in the NHL

15 mind you where he and Luke looked pretty good in and he score twice as many goals as GrossmanN has scored in his entire Philly career!!!!

But no kid don't get a cup of coffee the front office are morons they'd rather dress a 85 year old pylon.

And Ollie is a way better skater than Gross or Gill.

Grossman literally has the worst shot in all of hockey... I Coached PWees that shoot better.

I believe his contract is the easiest to move to so i'd expect him to be moved at the draft to if not he will be coming back i'm afraid. I'm not against him but i wan to get closer to the guy they are trying to beats model....the Rangers (not just the Rangers all 4 teams left have 6 skaters on the blueline) the average guy is 6-1 210 and all 7 can skate even Diaz who is their 7th Dman.

The new age NHL blueline is mobility. And right now the only two that fit that mold regardless of their size is Coburn and Streit. Kimmo is a good skater but at his age is slowing down.

Amac is ok he gets by with good positioning.

But 2 guys that can skate ain't gonna cut it. That is why the forwards expend all their energy back checking ain't no gas left for offense, constantly chasing the in their own end.

Just to further complicate the argument, what happens if that cap is NOT $71 million next year???

Don't forget the little Ass Clown Commission also said it could be $69 million, after adjusting for exchanges rates--or something weird like that.

I don't like the contract at all, at $71 million it's hard to justify, at $69 million, it's downright brutal. 

Edited by DaGreatGazoo

Huh?

I get some of the Grossman part but you would rather rotate Gill?!? That right there is worse than Grossman...

Grossmann should fit on a team in the top six, just not Philly. Gill was a good number seven.