Happy Daddy Day!

il_fullxfull.90065681.jpg

Ok, ok, so this isn't a 'General Hockey' topic...but still, seeing as how the majority of the posters here are male AND have families, I thought I would fit it here nonetheless. ;)

Happy Father's Day to all current and soon-to-be dads and also, to those who have taken on the responsibility of being a dad to perhaps some children who are not their own....you count just the same.

Way to showcase how a real man should be!

For whomever it applies, here is hoping you gentlemen enjoy your day!

Heh. Today I get to pick the family meal and possibly kill zombies on left for dead 2 for a few hours.

Mwahahaha. It's amazing. A thing like killing zombies on a video game used to be an everyday occurance 2 years ago that I took for granted. Now I am usually just looking to post a few times on the forum and go to bed by 9 so I can wake up in time to get them ready for daycare. Yes, I am a 34 year old who loves video games and nerd stuff. Fortunately, so does my 24 year old GF :)

Staying up for the playoff hockey games was absolutely killing me in terms of sleep. Halifax is as east coast as it gets, so all the Sharks games ran till 2AM or later. Overtime was almost a doomsday scenario. Maybe the universe did me a favor to keep me alive by reverse sweeping the sharks, but I am still mad.

Happy Father's Day

By far, the best thing that ever happened to me was becoming a Dad.  

Being a Grampa is also awesome.

So, is being a great-Grampa.

My first grandchild gave me a name.  When he tried to say Grampa,  the word that emerged from him was "Pa".  So, he calls me Pa.  As does his sister, all his cousins, my kids, my wife,  their friends, and kids I run into at hockey rinks and ballfields all over the place.    

Some years ago, I was given a shirt from one of our local teams.  It was personalized.  Not with my name, but with "Pa" stitched in it. 

They got it right.

Happy Father's Day to all current and soon-to-be dads and also, to those who have taken on the responsibility of being a dad to perhaps some children who are not their own....you count just the same.
Way to showcase how a real man should be!

Thanks TFG. 

Mothers day: Japanese sushi buffet ocean side resort with romance band etc 

Fathers day: Deluxe NY style pizza AND 3 hours uninterrupted in the man cave!~ (well, if you count my daughter pounding on the door and me opening it every 10 minutes as uninterrupted!~ ha ha).  

Love my wife and my daughter. :-)

You guys are all very welcome.

Hope you enjoyed Sunday with your families!

And congrats to @Poulin20 !

Thank you TFG for the sentiment. Our boy is still not here and tomorrow is my wife's due date, oh yeah she is getting pretty ticked! I hope for her sake especially he comes soon!