Downie signs with Pens

brelic

I'm guessing this is directed at all your naysayers on this topic? ;)  I can't remember that thread title for that one in the Flyers section but it was fun to follow. :D

Well even when you back it up with the stats, some people will put blinders on and ignore it just so they can hate :ph34r:

Well even when you back it up with the stats, some people will put blinders on and ignore it just so they can hate :ph34r:

LOL. This one is between Flyers fans.  I'll let you guys work it out.

@B21  This made my day....took all the sting out of the G ass grabbing incident. Enjoy!!  I am among the few that believed his arrival sparked the 3rd line into respectablity....or at least increased production and helped contribute to winning outcomes....but the story is the same with Steve, either an injury, or his predisposed feeling sorry for himself (upbringing, hearing problems I don't know what causes it)....always gets in the way of any momentum he had built up. Like others have said, low risk signing, .....but....enjoy the *inevitable* sideshow.

@B21  This made my day....took all the sting out of the G ass grabbing incident. Enjoy!!  I am among the few that believed his arrival sparked the 3rd line into respectablity....or at least increased production and helped contribute to winning outcomes....but the story is the same with Steve, either an injury, or his predisposed feeling sorry for himself (upbringing, hearing problems I don't know what causes it)....always gets in the way of any momentum he had built up. Like others have said, low risk signing, .....but....enjoy the *inevitable* sideshow.

Me thinks you want it to take away from G. ;)  Worst case scenario...Downie is awful, spends half the season as a healthy scratch and goes away after one year.  Best case...he stays out of trouble, sparks the 3rd line, maybe scores a few goals and is a nice part of a team that makes a deep Cup run...and goes away after one year.

Giroux will be an arse grabber - forever.  It's not like this is some photobomb he got caught up in. He was arrested for it (not as in serious crime arrested but ROTFLMFAO arrested).  Even spent the night in the slammer. For repeatedly grabbing a man's arse.

I expect the Crosby/Bettman/Regis love fest to die down now if not go away altogether - because the Pens fans have ammo that kicks that nonsense in the butt (pun intended).

All I can say is, Lemieux better keep his mouth shut forever on dirty players. 

Depends entirely on whether or not they put up with his crap.  Cooke got shipped out despite his obvious value to the team.  Now Neal got shipped out as well, same story.  If Downie comes on and acts like a tool, and they allow it, then you have a point.  Until then, Lemieux gets props for NOT being a hypocrite.  

Me thinks you want it to take away from G. ;)  Worst case scenario...Downie is awful, spends half the season as a healthy scratch and goes away after one year.  Best case...he stays out of trouble, sparks the 3rd line, maybe scores a few goals and is a nice part of a team that makes a deep Cup run...and goes away after one year.

Giroux will be an arse grabber - forever.  It's not like this is some photobomb he got caught up in. He was arrested for it (not as in serious crime arrested but ROTFLMFAO arrested).  Even spent the night in the slammer. For repeatedly grabbing a man's arse.

I expect the Crosby/Bettman/Regis love fest to die down now if not go away altogether - because the Pens fans have ammo that kicks that nonsense in the butt (pun intended).

@jammer2

But charges were not laid, as stated by the police in Canada.  Apparently, Giroux wasn't either   ;)  

• Like 1

Depends entirely on whether or not they put up with his crap.  Cooke got shipped out despite his obvious value to the team.  Now Neal got shipped out as well, same story.  If Downie comes on and acts like a tool, and they allow it, then you have a point.  Until then, Lemieux gets props for NOT being a hypocrite.  

Even better - he's only got a 1 year deal. Ship out. Let go. Same effect.  I'd like to think Tocchet convinced the powers-that-be that he can keep the POS in line.  Downie had a career year offensively under HC Rick Tocchet....but 208 PIM, too.

I'm not buying into the move but it's only 1 year and only $1,000,000.

Hmm.. I see the name Regis is sticking...As far as Roo goes...at least he has an excuse...Alcohol! He had no idea what he was doing....... So what is Crosby/Bettman/Regis escuse. ;)

Hmm.. I see the name Regis is sticking...As far as Roo goes...at least he has an excuse...Alcohol! He had no idea what he was doing....... So what is Crosby/Bettman/Regis escuse. ;)

Wait - Regis was arrested while fondling Sid?  Did I miss the headline? (See how easy it is?)

The Crosby, Bettman and Regis comments are all spiteful joking and not based on anything but wishful thinking.  Apparently, Giroux's actions were wishful thinking as well, but factual.   LOL  Claudia the Arse Grabber Giroux... wow... I'm really going to enjoy this for quite some time.