Is this the year Cooter and B. Schenn become NHLers ?

The Quigster

. They were pitiful.

Check this lineup.

Fedyk-Lindros-Recchi

Evans-Brinamor-Dineen

Mulvenna-Butsayev-Paslawski

Kasper-Acton-Brown

Carkner-Galley

Benning-Yushkevich

Cronin-Hynes

Anyone remember this lineup???? What game was it??? Anyone??? Rux?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check this lineup.

Fedyk-Lindros-Recchi

Evans-Brinamor-Dineen

Kasper-Acton-Brown

Carkner-Galley

Benning-Yushkevich

Cronin-Hynes

Anyone remember this lineup???? What game was it??? Anyone??? Rux?

I would have to think that it was early 1992-93 season.   Was it opening night?

Which young teen are you talking about?

But yeah i understand what you're saying about trying to figure all this out now not know how they are going to lay out the lines, who plays with who and all.

LOL!  Damn SwiftKey on the android!

Lomakin played over 100 games for the Flyers. I loved him, but my memory of his on ice play is conflated with his insanely good play in Sega.

I was on my phone, but I was sure he'd played quite a few with the Flyers.  Not sure enough to challenge it without looking again.

Sega...yeah, he was WAY better in Sega than in real life.  Actually, he was good enough--supposedly--that my friend and I were dead serious making our lines with him on the first or second line and being comfortable with that idea!   It was simply a putrid team.   Damn Jay Snider!

So Lindros, Recchi, Brindy and maybe Dineen.  And then squat.   Talking about starting from nothing.

Yup. Scrap heap.

Alright i'm headed to bed got to be up at 5:30 for work. Long day of making medicine. Goodnight.

I was on my phone, but I was sure he'd played quite a few with the Flyers. Not sure enough to challenge it without looking again.

Sega...yeah, he was WAY better in Sega than in real life. Actually, he was good enough--supposedly--that my friend and I were dead serious making our lines with him on the first or second line and being comfortable with that idea! It was simply a putrid team. Damn Jay Snider!

What I remember about Lomakin - in Sega- was his *speed* - he was lethal off the off wing. In real life I don't remember much. But .5 PPG isn't actually that bad.

What I remember about Lomakin - in Sega- was his *speed* - he was lethal off the off wing. In real life I don't remember much. But .5 PPG isn't actually that bad.

Yeah, memory is fading.  It's been over 20 years!   

But I remember thinking he was a smooth skater with "potential."   Definitely fast in Sega, which was a definite plus (SuperNintendo, too).   

.5 ppg (40 pts/season) isn't bad, no.   But not really on the top line and pre-Devils trap.

Yeah, memory is fading. It's been over 20 years!

But I remember thinking he was a smooth skater with "potential." Definitely fast in Sega, which was a definite plus (SuperNintendo, too).

.5 ppg (40 pts/season) isn't bad, no. But not really on the top line and pre-Devils trap.

Yeah good point. If only we were all as good as our virtual/gaming alter egos!

I also remember playing Butsayev on Sega. On the 4th line. Him not so fast...

Yeah good point. If only we were all as good as our virtual/gaming alter egos!

I also remember playing Butsayev on Sega. On the 4th line. Him not so fast...

Oh my god, I know. For example, my Sega alter ego can post on message boards and make the slightest bit of sense. Sega was a good time but really not at all realistic. :)

Butsayev was easily one of my all time least favorite Flyers. He was simply horrible.

Lomakin, my God that is a name from the past. I vaguely remember him with the Flyers, but do recall he had a very good year with the Pathers in their inaugural season...

In other news Cechmanek owns a brew pub in the Czech Republic called Roman's Pub.....Seriously. 

I wish I could contribute to the original question, but as usual I am late to the party and y'all beat me to it. 

cechmanek-pivovar.jpg?w=562

Oh my god, I know. For example, my Sega alter ego can post on message boards and make the slightest bit of sense. Sega was a good time but really not at all realistic. :)

Well, here's to alert egos.

Beyond consistency, he plays for Berube now. Might make it harder.

Interesting, I've also wondered why Vorachek's stats dropped off significantly last year. Maybe it does have a lot to do with the switch from Lavi's run and gun to Berube's more defensive responsible type of game. Perhaps we find out of sure this coming year. Anyone can have a down year, but a few in a row might point to a system rather than the skill level.....we shall see.

Interesting, I've also wondered why Vorachek's stats dropped off significantly last year. Maybe it does have a lot to do with the switch from Lavi's run and gun to Berube's more defensive responsible type of game. Perhaps we find out of sure this coming year. Anyone can have a down year, but a few in a row might point to a system rather than the skill level.....we shall see.

Giroux's early season injury couldn't have helped.

Giroux's early season injury couldn't have helped.

True enough doomster, even when he got back, the whole first quarter of the season was a white wash. Easily the poorest first half of a season by G and really, the whole top line in their young pro careers. This year, I believe we see the very best that Giroux or Vorachek can be....it is possible they peak in 2015, but next year might be their top producing year. I also expect a career season out of Read....and the best version of B.Shcenn we have ever seen to date. So, a lot of stuff to look forward to.

@ruxpin

Fedyk-Lindros-Recchi

Evans-Brinamor-Dineen

Kasper-Acton-Brown

Carkner-Galley

Benning-Yushkevich

Cronin-Hynes

Just an ugly lineup for Big E to half to skate with.......especially his first game.

True enough doomster, even when he got back, the whole first quarter of the season was a white wash. Easily the poorest first half of a season by G and really, the whole top line in their young pro careers. This year, I believe we see the very best that Giroux or Vorachek can be....it is possible they peak in 2015, but next year might be their top producing year. I also expect a career season out of Read....and the best version of B.Shcenn we have ever seen to date. So, a lot of stuff to look forward to.

i honestly am a big fan of Read.  I really like the guy.  Having said that, I have a feeling we've seen what we're going to see from him.  I'm fine with that, but I don't think I expect much more.  I would be absolutely thrilled to be proven wrong.

I know that sounds like I'm hating on him, but really I'm not.  I just think he's been given some opportunity to do more than he has and he hasn't grabbed it.  I like what he does and the money he does it for but expect at best only incrementally better numbers.

@ruxpin

Fedyk-Lindros-Recchi

Evans-Brinamor-Dineen

Kasper-Acton-Brown

Carkner-Galley

Benning-Yushkevich

Cronin-Hynes

Just an ugly lineup for Big E to half to skate with.......especially his first game.

No doubt.  That's just one grotesque lineup.  I guess when you trade 30 players and a kazillion dollars for one guy, that's the lineup you can expect immediately afterward.

No doubt. That's just one grotesque lineup. I guess when you trade 30 players and a kazillion dollars for one guy, that's the lineup you can expect immediately afterward.

Shawn Cronin! Yikes.

@ruxpin  I would bet my left nut that Read has not peaked yet, but before I bid adue to the family jewels, Read's pts production growth really depends on his being in the top 6 and getting favourable offensive zone starts consistently. When you have a guy that is obviously talented and skate like the wind, has a ton of jitterbug type moves in the arsenal, it would make sense to see what you really have....no?

@ruxpin  I would bet my left nut that Read has not peaked yet, but before I bid adue to the family jewels, Read's pts production growth really depends on his being in the top 6 and getting favourable offensive zone starts consistently. When you have a guy that is obviously talented and skate like the wind, has a ton of jitterbug type moves in the arsenal, it would make sense to see what you really have....no?

Oh, I would definitely prefer seeing him on the top two lines.  Preferably the second because I don't like him with Giroux.  Giroux has a little bit of Crosby/linemate syndrome going on.

But second line, sure.  The thing is that Read/Coots are so good on the third/shutdown, that I wonder about them breaking them up.    This is part of the reason I don't see much more than an incremental increase in production, if any.  It's not all on him.  It's him plus situation.

Archived