Bellemare and Flag Waiving.

idahophilly

I really hope this guy scores a goal. Only the 7th Frenchmen to play in the NHL. 

29 years old and this was his life dream.

Now, this sounds weird, but the fans in the Swedish league look so into the game with all the flags waiving. Wish the NHL fans did that. 

Wouldn't it be so cool for Flyers fans to wave yellow and black banners/flags when he scores his first goal at home?

Stupid topic, but inspiring story.

Here is the video (previously posted). 

I really hope this guy scores a goal. Only the 7th Frenchmen to play in the NHL.

The guy can really play- and his style is akin to North America. I just wish that the coaches could find a good spot for him. (its not third or fourth line).

Wouldn't it be so cool for Flyers fans to wave yellow and black banners/flags when he scores his first goal at home?

Yes and no. at $150 a first level ticket, I really don't want a big flag blocking my view. That said, I have been to sweden to watch ice hockey and they are fanactics. I have also been to Czech and equal the swedes in fanatism.

After watching that video, it seems that Bellemare has a shot and if he has the time and space, he can finish. Maybe they should put him on the top line with G and Jake. Raffl works hard but doesn't seem to have the finishing touch that they should have on that line. Just a thought.

Maybe they should put him on the top line with G and Jake. Raffl works hard but doesn't seem to have the finishing touch that they should have on that line. Just a thought.

a good thought, and the right one imho. I like Raffl too but "works hard" isn't enough on the top line. By Christmas when Raffl's 6 points puts him on pace for a whopping 15 maybe they'll make a change.

Hope to be wrong about Raffl. He does have 2 goals in 5 games. But I just don't see "goal scorer" or "playmaker" when I watch him skate. Bellmare OTOH looks like a legitimate offensive weapon.

Maybe they should put him on the top line with G and Jake.

I've been saying that since the 2nd game of the season. What can i say Berube hates me and refuses to listen me i've Emailed him over and over???? What like i don't know hockey sitting on my couch!!!???  :ph34r:

Archived