Rick Jeanorette deemed Cancer free

Buffalo Rick

In a year where there has been no good news, finally some good news.  My favorite announcer of all time along with the late great Dan Kelly means alot  to the Sabres faithful and is well respected around the NHL.  He is an Ontario native.  I am pulling for him.  He has announced next year will be his last.   Hopefully he will get to see this awful team turn it around with the help of a deep draft and free agency

In a year where there has been no good news, finally some good news. My favorite announcer of all time along with the late great Dan Kelly means alot to the Sabres

Great news. An extremely knowledgeable hockey guy, but I can't stand his voice. Its like listening to cats in heat. He also is quite the homer (I can't fault him for that, as most announcers are).

I will take him over that douche bag in Boston (Jack Edwards) despite his voice.

Jack Edwards needs a good swift kick in the balls. Oddly enough, it would make him sound more manly.

Just so I don't appear like a discriminate Flyers fan, you can line Bobby Taylor up as well. In fact, let them kick each other in the balls.

God I miss Gene Hart. As long winded as he could be, he was probably my favorite. I like the guys that do HNIC as well (forget his name).

I like the guys that do HNIC as well (forget his name).

Hopefully, you are not referring to Bob Cole. That old coot has been senile on the air for over a decade now. I do find his voice soothing. He just can't keep up with the play anymore. I've seen him miss entire rushes down the ice, then he just picks up like nothing happened....LOL!

He just can't keep up with the play anymore. I've seen him miss entire rushes down the ice, then he just picks up like nothing happened....LOL!

I don't mind that too much. For the average fan, perhaps frustrating, but for me, less is more. Even good ol' gene in his later years got completely lost in the play-by-play.

I think the announcer I am thinking of is not bob cole, but the guy that sounds like the play-by-play guy in vancouver (maybe one in the same).

Great news. An extremely knowledgeable hockey guy, but I can't stand his voice. Its like listening to cats in heat. He also is quite the homer (I can't fault him for that, as most announcers are).

I will take him over that douche bag in Boston (Jack Edwards) despite his voice.

He adds a ton of excitement to the game.  He  is very quick witted.  Hist famous call of "top shelf where mama hides the cookies" is far more appealing to me than that stupid Pens announcer and his rented mule crap.  He has been praised by many other announcers who I respect including Rick Emery and Gary Thorne  He is a classy guy.  If he was calling the Flyers you guys would love him.  My other favorite announcer and I am sure one of Rick's is the late great Dan Kelly.  He was the voice of the St Louis Blues but also the national TV announcer who called many a classic game between Boston and Montreal for an example.  He was just fabulous.  

If he was calling the Flyers you guys would love him.

I don't mind they guy at all, and he does make the game entertaining (and as I stated is very knowledgeable). Just that his voice at times grates on me (sometimes his exuberance is a bit over the top for me). .

I am not familiar with Dan Kelly, but if he did national games, I certainly must have heard him.

Boston, for some reason, likes to hire assholes to broadcast their games.  Edwards, Gordie Kluzak, and that smart-mouth sissy, Dale Arnold. 

Archived