We are back in Connor McDavid sweepstakes

Mario99

Let's face it this team is going nowhere this season and with Hextall's patient approach

I say tank the rest of the year & hope Flyers get #1 overall pick

That's what I would do

It's seems every time Flyers get scored on Coburn is on the ice

Sure, why not? More youth is exactly what this team needs.

No kidding. Everybody is obsessed with McDavid. Big whup. What has he done at the NHL level? Nothing! Until he does, he's less useful than Rinaldo, who is a POS.

:ph34r:

No kidding. Everybody is obsessed with McDavid. Big whup. What has he done at the NHL level? Nothing! Until he does, he's less useful than Rinaldo, who is a POS.

wait zach is the third best player on the team   :ph34r:   :hocky:   :ph34r:

I have been posting on a variety of message boards for a long time, but I've never seen someone jump the gun, make leaps in logic (and rather large ones too), or just flat out lie about what someone says in order to make a point as often as you do. I find this interesting, because if you are so confident in your knowledge of the game, and you're not shy about putting that out there, you shouldn't have to do that to make your case. So, you are either not as smart as you believe or you are incapable of having a conversation with someone you don't like (I believe they call this "being a grown up", though I'm not certain). Actually, I think it's probably a little from column A and B, but let's not argue over semantics.

I have been posting on a variety of message boards for a long time, but I've never seen someone jump the gun, make leaps in logic (and rather large ones too), or just flat out lie about what someone says in order to make a point as often as you do. I find this interesting, because if you are so confident in your knowledge of the game, and you're not shy about putting that out there, you shouldn't have to do that to make your case. So, you are either not as smart as you believe or you are incapable of having a conversation with someone you don't like (I believe they call this "being a grown up", though I'm not certain). Actually, I think it's probably a little from column A and B, but let's not argue over semantics.

Oh, boo hoo. I just replied to the latest post.

It's a bit of sarcasm directed at all of the people on this board - and there are a bunch - who regularly dismiss what a player did in Jr as "meaningless" or whatever. Are you among them? 

I never said I was a grown up. By all accounts I have the mind of a 12 year old.

Oh, boo hoo. I just replied to the latest post.

It's a bit of sarcasm directed at all of the people on this board - and there are a bunch - who regularly dismiss what a player did in Jr as "meaningless" or whatever. Are you among them? 

I never said I was a grown up. By all accounts I have the mind of a 12 year old.

Ok, so a liar it is. Problem solved. Something productive actually came out of wasting the time it took to read and reply to one of your posts. For that, I thank you.

It's seems every time Flyers get scored on Coburn is on the ice

Yes i agree it has seemed that way the last four games.......well because it is true he was.

But in his defense last night was not the case.

The first goal it was Luke and Nick.

The 2nd goal it was Luke and McDud.

And the GWer it was Luke and McDud again. WIth the blame solely on McDud for leaving his side of the ice to chase a guy around the other side of the ice, where he should have been is right were the puck was passed for an empty backdoor score.

These defenseman lose their defensive responsibility chasing guys for no reason....the good defenseman don't do that. McDud is a P.O.S.

Coburn has been guilty of these miscues but last night was one of his better games. So you can't blame him last night sorry.

However i just think this team does suck but not bad enough to be in the Mcdavid sweeps.

Edit:

Also let the record show that seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....i don't always blame Coburn for sucking i'm actually defending him. :confused[1]:  But i will put him on blast when he sucks and he has the previous 4 games before last night. But last night McDud was taking the the turd of the blueline award and running with it. 

But last night McDud was taking the the turd of the blueline award and running with it.

McDud was brutal last night w/ Schenn... Coburn looked like it was one of his better games.   Now, what we get out of Coburn next game is a complete question mark...

I'm so ready for the Flyers to move Coburn. As someone mentioned on another board, package Coburn and Read and get O'Reilly from Colorado. He can either play shot gun with Giroux and Voracek or Couturer and Simmonds. That also means that Schenn is a permanent fixture on the left wing and the Flyers will have enough money to re-sign O'Reilly.  The top six in Philadelphia would then look like:

Schenn - Giroux - Voracek

O'Reilly - Couturer - Simmonds

As for McDavid, I'm kind of meh on him. I like Dylan Strome and Noah Hanifin myself. I'm sure some will say that McDavid has made Strome, but Strome is producing at a good clip since McDavid went down with the hand injury. These two kind of remind me of MacKinnon and Drouin. I suppose you can't go wrong with either guy though.

As someone mentioned on another board, package Coburn and Read and get O'Reilly from Colorado.

No way i trade Coburn AND Read O'reilly (6millx2).................Coburn should be enough to get it done....or i'd pass.

How about a LW that is 2 mill cheaper but better defensively in Pouliot (4millx5) from Edmonton, hell throw Mcdud in too they need defensive help.

Or if you want a cheaper shorter contract Coburn for Perron (3.8millx2)

No way i trade Coburn AND Read O'reilly (6millx2).................Coburn should be enough to get it done....or i'd pass.

How about a LW that is 2 mill cheaper but better defensively in Pouliot (4millx5) from Edmonton, hell throw Mcdud in too they need defensive help.

Or if you want a cheaper shorter contract Coburn for Perron (3.8millx2)

I don't want Pouliot, especially at his new salary/cap hit. He still takes bad penalties and takes games off.

I don't want Pouliot, especially at his new salary/cap hit. He still takes bad penalties and takes games off.

Yes his salary is the best....or the length isn't what i'd want that is why i suggested Perron two year @ 3.8 for a LW is right up their alley.

I'm so ready for the Flyers to move Coburn. As someone mentioned on another board, package Coburn and Read and get O'Reilly from Colorado. He can either play shot gun with Giroux and Voracek or Couturer and Simmonds. That also means that Schenn is a permanent fixture on the left wing and the Flyers will have enough money to re-sign O'Reilly.  The top six in Philadelphia would then look like:

Schenn - Giroux - Voracek

O'Reilly - Couturer - Simmonds

As for McDavid, I'm kind of meh on him. I like Dylan Strome and Noah Hanifin myself. I'm sure some will say that McDavid has made Strome, but Strome is producing at a good clip since McDavid went down with the hand injury. These two kind of remind me of MacKinnon and Drouin. I suppose you can't go wrong with either guy though.

Two for one? Pass. I think we get burned on that deal. Read is having an off year. Coburn isn't good enough to be a teams #1 but is fine when moved down the ladder.

Strome or Hanifan over McDavid???? Yikes. I won't pretend to know much about Hanifan as I don't get to see him. But Strome is basically a poor skating version of McDavid. And McDavid can flat out fly. I like Strome...I think he's got everything else you'd want in a centre...but his skating definately puts him a notch below.

Archived