Great article

caluso

I brought this up in an earlier post. This was a total head scratcher and something that is flat out ridiculous at this point.

He does not hold players accountable. Bellemare over VLC, Read, RJ? Really?

Rinaldo was a bone head the previous game and gets a pass...

It sends the wrong message...

Every time I see VLC or AMac in a Flyers uniform and remember how much money they make it makes it difficult for me to keep the Flyers game on my TV.

I have a hard time watching this team. Not because they are losing. Because they have a culture issue in the organization and there is no end in sight.

Well, since Berube seems game to bench high-priced vets, here's what I propose for Tuesday's game - sit MacDonald, Coburn and VLC. 

I mean, we had the most success when they were out, right? Why not see if the experiment can be replicated?

Re-insert Colaiacovo, and you have

Del Zotto/Schultz

Streit/Grossmann

Schenn/Colaiacovo

Up front, I'd keep the top two lines as they are now (I'm counting Laughton as 2nd line center), and then:

Bellemare/Couturier/Akeson

Rinaldo/Umberger or Vandevelde/Read

Come on, Chief! Make it happen!

I brought this up in an earlier post. This was a total head scratcher and something that is flat out ridiculous at this point.

This type of chicken sh it move is what loses the locker room for you real fast, these guys sit together and go over the game tape together and they see who is floating and missing their assignments. They would gladly take being sit if it was fair.....but after awhile they'll see hey you sit this guy but what about this guy.

Oh it's coming now and it want take to long i think now that he is singling guys out and sitting them and then telling the media the reason he is doing it.

The ship is about to take on more water.............quicker. 

Maybe something simple like PEB broke a team rule? Or an undisclosed injury?

I hope so doom otherwise it is gross mismanagement.

At this point I could care less of Berube gets fired now or at the end of the year. Whatever gets us a better pick in the draft... Berube might just get us there...

This type of chicken sh it move is what loses the locker room for you real fast, these guys sit together and go over the game tape together and they see who is floating and missing their assignments. They would gladly take being sit if it was fair.....but after awhile they'll see hey you sit this guy but what about this guy.

Oh it's coming now and it want take to long i think now that he is singling guys out and sitting them and then telling the media the reason he is doing it.

The ship is about to take on more water.............quicker.

Not the tactic that will save his job in the long run. If Bellemare was sat for no other reason than what appears to be at face value then Berube is an idiot. It will all come out sooner or later.

This road trip (as Rux said) has all the making of Chief being put out to pasture. Sooner or later something is going to have to give.

i agree. it's beyond words that VLC and Umberger are still in the lineup.

the only reason i can think of is that Berube doesn't want to embarrass management.

You know what? I'd actually be surprised if Berube gets canned. He has basically had one full season. Hardly seems like a fair shake, no?

And don't misunderstand me - I don't like Berube at all. I didn't like it the moment it was announced. 

Canning the coach right now is a reactionary move and accomplishes very little. Hanging on to the coach through this season would actually be a - gulp - fresh perspective :)

Oh, and BRING ME THE MCDAVID!

You know what? I'd actually be surprised if Berube gets canned. He has basically had one full season. Hardly seems like a fair shake, no?

And don't misunderstand me - I don't like Berube at all. I didn't like it the moment it was announced.

Canning the coach right now is a reactionary move and accomplishes very little. Hanging on to the coach through this season would actually be a - gulp - fresh perspective :)

Oh, and BRING ME THE MCDAVID!

I completely agree. It's also what makes me willing to bet they can him.

Canning the coach right now is a reactionary move and accomplishes very little. Hanging on to the coach through this season would actually be a - gulp - fresh perspective

Brel, I said this in another post:  Holding onto Berube might be the best shot at landing McDavid.

Brel, I said this in another post:  Holding onto Berube might be the best shot at landing McDavid.

Man, I know there's a very small chance of us actually getting McDavid, but damn! That would absolutely turn the franchise around for the next decade. It would be a huge coup.

Man, I know there's a very small chance of us actually getting McDavid, but damn! That would absolutely turn the franchise around for the next decade. It would be a huge coup.

I know... it would be ridiculous if we actually fell into him...   not sure it is possible but at this point if things dont turn around we should get a shot ;)

More evidence in support of the thesis that Berube is lost in the woods right now and has no idea how to lead, organize, or coach this team. 

I don't want it to be that way.  I wanted to like him as our coach.  But they look utterly lost in every way.  Even Line 1 looks like they're just making it up most of the time.  They're just good enough to pull that off.  But they're being wasted. 

This team is in need of a coach.

it was gutless of Berube to sit Bellmare rather than VLC or Umberger. what message does that send to the team?

Archived