Is there a chance McDavid or Eichel become draft busts

JagerMeister

I suppose that anything could happen, but McDavid is a pretty different prospect than one like Daigle (not to single you out, Joe, but he's a good example). Daigle didnt even lead the Q in scoring the year he was drafted, while McDavid was making a mockery of the league before his injury, scoring almost 3 points per game. Injuries are the only thing holding back this kid.

I suppose that anything could happen, but McDavid is a pretty different prospect than one like Daigle (not to single you out, Joe, but he's a good example). Daigle didnt even lead the Q in scoring the year he was drafted, while McDavid was making a mockery of the league before his injury, scoring almost 3 points per game. Injuries are the only thing holding back this kid.

Another generational injury prone talent...

Another generational injury prone talent...

Well, to be fair, anyone who doesn't properly land a punch can get a boxers fracture. Hands were not designed to hit things. Even trained boxers break their hands. 

A lot of people think MMA is barbaric because the gloves are smaller than boxing, and I usually laugh and tell them gloves are not designed to protect a fighters head, they are to protect a fighters hands.

i watched eichel's videos, man this dude can skate and he has no hesitation when he shoots, seriously i'll take him over giroux, giroux is nothing like this guy. he looks like a beast, if some bad team wanted giroux for a high draft to get eichel, i would do it in a heartbeat.

The speed is to real, the moves are to wicked. I just don't see either one of these guys missing. I've seen less of Eichel than McDavid, but enough to see clearly that both their games will not only translate just fine to the NHL game. One guy who I really thought was going to hit large was Jimmy Carson, geez, he was the main trade chip in the Gretzky deal....and he just had a blah NHL career. Anything can happen, but you can't fake speed and elite moves. I also think it's very unfair to paint McDavid with the injury prone label. He broke his hand stepping in and defending a teammate. A skinny kid stepping up against an opponent who has wronged a teammate, that's a plus in my books.

The speed is to real, the moves are to wicked. I just don't see either one of these guys missing. I've seen less of Eichel than McDavid, but enough to see clearly that both their games will not only translate just fine to the NHL game. One guy who I really thought was going to hit large was Jimmy Carson, geez, he was the main trade chip in the Gretzky deal....and he just had a blah NHL career. Anything can happen, but you can't fake speed and elite moves. I also think it's very unfair to paint McDavid with the injury prone label. He broke his hand stepping in and defending a teammate. A skinny kid stepping up against an opponent who has wronged a teammate, that's a plus in my books.

yea. Tbh I havent watched that much of any of them, and you are right. I didnt even know how he got injured, so that was my bad with that ignorant comment. He sounds likeable as well, sticking up for a teammate. I just hope neither of these 2 has a crosby like career, like getting injured throughout your prime

Archived