Penguins General Discussion

And1

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several weeks on that hit into the boards where he put his hands up to protect himself..that didn't look THAT bad. 

I really wish that the Pens would actually talk about the injuries on the team.  That did not look that bad, and I'm wondering if the injury was actually a result of the slash that was called prior to him going into the boards.  The cats were wielding their sticks pretty freely during the game.

Fairly impressed with the game against tampa during the 3rd period. Malkin with 2 points  :rock:

I think the first part of the game they looked a little bit disorganized, and couldn't figure a way to get through all the hooking and interference from the trap. They young defense also took some time to get used to NHL speed and the hard forecheck the Bolts put on them. But as the game went on, I think that they up'd their compete level and pushed the play.

Best record in the East for a team that is banged up and bruised and battered. Very nice job for a rookie coach and Crosby and co.

To me, the MVP of the team so far is Fleury, the flower keeps them in every game, and unlike years past he seems to steal points more frequently this year than I remember him doing. Just a monster year, keeping his club in first place.

I said before the season that the Pens were the team to beat in the East, I still feel that way, it looks like they are getting the injuries out of the way early and if they get everyone back for the stretch drive and peak at the right time, this team could and should have a deep run.

Best record in the East for a team that is banged up and bruised and battered. Very nice job for a rookie coach and Crosby and co.

To me, the MVP of the team so far is Fleury, the flower keeps them in every game, and unlike years past he seems to steal points more frequently this year than I remember him doing. Just a monster year, keeping his club in first place.

I said before the season that the Pens were the team to beat in the East, I still feel that way, it looks like they are getting the injuries out of the way early and if they get everyone back for the stretch drive and peak at the right time, this team could and should have a deep run.

I think everyone would agree with you comments on Fleury, his play this year has been pretty stellar.  Part of that is he's playing the puck better behind the net.

They still tend to have issues playing against trap teams, but with the focus on defensive play, they seem to be comfortable winning 2-1 games instead of 4-3 games.  Right now, we just need to get everyone healthy.

Awful effort against the Caps, just weren't able to get anything going..Kunitz looked pretty lackluster to me, don't know if anyone else noticed that as well..seemed like every 50/50 puck he wasn't able to grab. Despres also looked confused on two of the goals he was out there for..smh. Need to come out alot stronger after a break like that

I wouldn't say an awful effort, just bad finish.  But considering the lineup, I'm not sure what you can expect.    I think that its going to be a few weeks of this for the Pens.

Haven't really been happy with Kunitz all year, yes he has 10 goals, but his overall effort is not there at all. Its like he's coasting.

Yikes, that's a new low, losing to the Devils. My Christmas wish of health has not yet come true. Its just not fun watching them play with half an AHL lineup at the moment.  They look sooooo out of sorts, teams must be licking their chops to play the Pens at this point.

On a side note, WOW is the league digressing in its calling of obstruction.  The Devils are turning back the clock to pre lockout antics, heck, Jagr was water skiing up ice on one shift and there was no call. Add the trap to the hooking and interference, and it was a pretty boring game to watch.   I hope that the league is not going to go full no whistle on this stuff, they've made great strides over the past few years.

Yikes, that's a new low, losing to the Devils. My Christmas wish of health has not yet come true. Its just not fun watching them play with half an AHL lineup at the moment. They look sooooo out of sorts, teams must be licking their chops to play the Pens at this point.

On a side note, WOW is the league digressing in its calling of obstruction. The Devils are turning back the clock to pre lockout antics, heck, Jagr was water skiing up ice on one shift and there was no call. Add the trap to the hooking and interference, and it was a pretty boring game to watch. I hope that the league is not going to go full no whistle on this stuff, they've made great strides over the past few years.

I think the league has already surrendered to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Big win last night. Important points.

Yeah, and Perron is stating to look more comfortable in the lineup.  Did you see him dangling in the third and OT.  I think playing with Crosby and Malkin is going to give him confidence to play at a new level.

How about the bodies that Despres is laying on the ice these days.  I hope that they start to give him some more time.

Yeah, and Perron is stating to look more comfortable in the lineup.  Did you see him dangling in the third and OT.  I think playing with Crosby and Malkin is going to give him confidence to play at a new level.

How about the bodies that Despres is laying on the ice these days.  I hope that they start to give him some more time.

should the Habs and Pens play in the post season who would have home ice?

@nossagog

You don't have to worry about us...we're going for mcDavid, not the playoffs. But damn, we sure can't figure out this tanking thing. 

The fact that the Flyers can't even tank well is not lost on us, just another thing that we're better at. :ph34r:  That and fixing lottery balls,  I hear Nick Perry is looking for a new gig(wonder if he's still alive)

The fact that the Flyers can't even tank well is not lost on us, just another thing that we're better at. :ph34r:  That and fixing lottery balls,  I hear Nick Perry is looking for a new gig(wonder if he's still alive)
nick died in 2003 at the age of 87.

Archived