Penguins General Discussion

And1

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not not watched a Pens game in a while due to being busy or sick (especially of the Yuletide stuff)., so correct me if I'm wrong - we lost all three games to the Isles, today to the Rangers. L10 is 4-5-1. That's not usual.

What's wrong with the Pens at the moment, venerable experts?

I have not not watched a Pens game in a while due to being busy or sick (especially of the Yuletide stuff)., so correct me if I'm wrong - we lost all three games to the Isles, today to the Rangers. L10 is 4-5-1. That's not usual.

MAF. That is all.

he has been playing I'M scared of the puck or I'M watching the puck go in the net routine

Disagree. The team went to sleep against the Islanders and gave up the lead twice. The Rangers dominated the Pens all over the ice. Team slump. Happens throughout the season.
I agree with you to a point. A couple of the Rangers were very soft. I missed the Islanders game. Wouldn't be surprised if his head went south in the 3rd period.

Been AFK for a few days, but the Pens can't blame Fleury for their current slump.  He's got hung out to dry a few quite a bit in the past few games by both the defense and the forwards who keep trying to skate through structured defenses.  They also need to find that scoring depth again.  Early on there was a spread of people scoring, now its Crosby/Perron/Malkin or nobody else.   

Been AFK for a few days, but the Pens can't blame Fleury for their current slump.  He's got hung out to dry a few quite a bit in the past few games by both the defense and the forwards who keep trying to skate through structured defenses.  They also need to find that scoring depth again.  Early on there was a spread of people scoring, now its Crosby/Perron/Malkin or nobody else.

[/quot55ft over the left glove 1-0flyers, game over.

Looked like the Flyers benefitted from a lot of blind eye officiating till late in the game when they called everything on the Pens. Scuderi mugged, no call. Farnham hammered away from the puck once... Twice... A third time... And they call it even up? Just two examples that come to mind. Then the too many men call?

The Pens had plenty of chances to win and did not. Plenty of PP time and failed. Nobody to blame but themselves for the loss. Officials didnt have a good game either in my eyes. Maybe a little sympathy for the Flyers? Just hope piece of shyte Rinaldo's hit on Letang didn't injure him severely.

@Polaris922

Not the reflyers excuse again.

I think Rinaldo was trying to jump out of the way on that one.

Apparently you missed part of my post. Particularly where I said the Pens have no one to blame but themselves. I can still voice disproval of officiating without claiming they cost us the game. Or is that illegal in Philly?

Looked like the Flyers benefitted from a lot of blind eye officiating till late in the game when they called everything on the Pens. Scuderi mugged, no call. Farnham hammered away from the puck once... Twice... A third time... And they call it even up? Just two examples that come to mind. Then the too many men call?

The Pens had plenty of chances to win and did not. Plenty of PP time and failed. Nobody to blame but themselves for the loss. Officials didnt have a good game either in my eyes. Maybe a little sympathy for the Flyers? Just hope piece of shyte Rinaldo's hit on Letang didn't injure him severely.

Score on the power play, that's the key.   Put in a few power play goals, and everything else goes away Pol.

@Polaris922

Not the reflyers excuse again. 

I think Rinaldo was trying to jump out of the way on that one.

Really?

Looked like the Flyers benefitted from a lot of blind eye officiating till late in the game when they called everything on the Pens.

Really? I don't know, man, it was bad for both sides. That Schenn interference call was not a penalty. They were both turning and ended up colliding. 

The too many men penalty... well, there *were* too many men on the ice. Maybe you let that go in OT, but the guy that was going off got directly involved in the play, and his sub had already jumped on the ice.

@nossagog

It was sarcasm...that was Neals excuse when he ran Couturier.

Rinaldo's douchebag quote...

"I changed the whole game, man," Rinaldo said, tongue-in-cheek. "Who knows what the game would have been like if I didn't do what I did?"

Ya, he sounds every bit as much of a jerk as Cooke and his "who me?" bs or Neal. Guilty

Rinaldo's douchebag quote...

"I changed the whole game, man," Rinaldo said, tongue-in-cheek. "Who knows what the game would have been like if I didn't do what I did?"

Pol, problem is, I don't think it was tongue in cheek. Did you see the interview, "He's smiling like a butchers dog" as he saying it.

@nossagog

He's of the same mindset as Cooke at his worst, without any ability.

@flyercanuck

I don't think it is sarcasm. How does "who knows what the game would have been like" come out as sarcasm. he wishes they'd lost? Struck me as enjoying the spotlight. But even if it were sarcasm, even douchebag Pronger knew to pretend to be sorry.

@nossagog

He's of the same mindset as Cooke at his worst, without any ability.

@flyercanuck

I don't think it is sarcasm. How does "who knows what the game would have been like" come out as sarcasm. he wishes they'd lost? Struck me as enjoying the spotlight. But even if it were sarcasm, even douchebag Pronger knew to pretend to be sorry.

Pol, I think he was refering to something he(flyercanuck) not Rinaldo said earlier in the thread

Archived