Where do you guys buy jerseys?

ihabs1993

I've been buying jerseys from some sketchy Chinese websites for a year now and I want to know where you guys get your authentic jerseys. You know, the ones that don't have those stupid little grey stitching square at the bottom and they have the fighting strap. I've been getting the Chinese ones for about $30 and they get ruined as you wash them. So my question to you is where do all of you get your authentic jerseys? How much do they cost?

Greatly appreciated

Ian

Ian, I buy mine on Ebay and occasionally on Amazon. I am an unbelievably patient person, if I want a jersey I will take as long as I need to get the right buy. Sometimes, I even wait six months or longer, bidding with a certain amount in mind of what I am willing to spend and sticking to it.

Another thing I do, is I look for them on Craigslist. Occasionally I find one there as well.

Cost wise, I usually set a price limit of around 60-75 bucks. 30 dollars? Well, you get what you pay for, and for 30 dollars I don't think you can expect much.

Occasionally I bid on a game worn jersey from a NHL player, but they go for a LOT more, so it has to be a special jersey or a special occasion for me to get one.

I never buy jerseys. Jerseys are $30.

Real hockey fans buy sweaters! ;-) They are $75 and up.

I still have and wear my beloved Yzerman sweater. I know they paid more than $100 for it (got it as a Christmas present). It has been worth every penny.

I want a Lidstrom sweater now.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been buying jerseys from some sketchy Chinese websites for a year now and I want to know where you guys get your authentic jerseys. You know, the ones that don't have those stupid little grey stitching square at the bottom and they have the fighting strap. I've been getting the Chinese ones for about $30 and they get ruined as you wash them. So my question to you is where do all of you get your authentic jerseys? How much do they cost?

Greatly appreciated

Ian

There's a joke about the Fryers somewhere in there, but it's early and I haven't had enough coffee.

I've been buying jerseys from some sketchy Chinese websites for a year now and I want to know where you guys get your authentic jerseys.

I've done this twice. and aside from waiting , i've always received what I paid for.  

So while i understand where you're coming from, i've also been pleased with the results from the sketchy chinese web site. 

I've done this twice. and aside from waiting , i've always received what I paid for.  

So while i understand where you're coming from, i've also been pleased with the results from the sketchy chinese web site. 

Absolutely. Some of my jerseys from these websites are great. My girlfriend got me one of those sweatshirts that look like jerseys and I love it. The consistency is an issue though.

Archived