Leafs have lost 17 of last 20

yave1964

We have 11 games left before the TDL, and 19 after. I would think we would be substantially worse after the deadline. 

BTW, Hello all. Over here from another site that I got sick of. Features seem better here. I like the "Agree with this" button. 

Anyway, cheers. 

We have 11 games left before the TDL, and 19 after. I would think we would be substantially worse after the deadline. 

BTW, Hello all. Over here from another site that I got sick of. Features seem better here. I like the "Agree with this" button. 

Anyway, cheers. 

Welcome!

We have a good core of knowledgeable hockey fans here, glad you chose to give us a try..and maybe tell a friend or two about us.

I would think continuing to tank after the deadline wouldn't fair too well for Horochek in his debut as an NHL coach --or would you like to see him replaced?

Well, to be honest, I think the hiring of Horochek was done for the tank. If anyone has to go in my opinion, it is Nonis. He has handcuffed the leafs with heavy long term contracts and shipped out a very good D man in Gunnar and got a lesser D man back. Then to make matters worse, he added a 4th round pick and cash. 

But, not likely we fire Nonis before the TDL. So I am a little sceptical about his performance so far and worried the TDL is over his head of expertise like last year, where he stood pat. Then of course we all saw what happened after that. 

@SamSlick

Welcome to the forum!!

The best part of this forum is twofold:

You can post whatever you want in here in relation to hockey. As long as it is not flaming if you wish to express yourself in a post about the fourth line troubles of the Rochester Americans, go for it. It is a predominantly Flyer dominated site, built up by a bunch of guys who came here to get away from trolls and flamers who just love hockey. Everyone is welcome and all opinions are as well.

The second is the guys in here, a great bunch of guys (and a few gals) who are passionate and diehards. Bring it Slick, hope you enjoy it here.

@SamSlick

I said when Carlyle was whacked that Babcock was the ultimate goal, I still feel that way. I think the Leafs, who were still in playoff position at the time of firing were scared to death that Carlyle would eke them into the playoffs, who knows, maybe win a round, and that would be that, Babcock who is an UFA coach at the end of the year would be a GOD in Canada, As a Wings fan I don't want it to happen but attempting to be objective I think it is better than even money that Babs moves north of the border next year.

@SamSlick

I said when Carlyle was whacked that Babcock was the ultimate goal, I still feel that way. I think the Leafs, who were still in playoff position at the time of firing were scared to death that Carlyle would eke them into the playoffs, who knows, maybe win a round, and that would be that, Babcock who is an UFA coach at the end of the year would be a GOD in Canada, As a Wings fan I don't want it to happen but attempting to be objective I think it is better than even money that Babs moves north of the border next year.

I completely agree. No reason at all why Babs hasn't signed in Detroit. 

@SamSlick

Welcome to the forum!!

The best part of this forum is twofold:

You can post whatever you want in here in relation to hockey. As long as it is not flaming if you wish to express yourself in a post about the fourth line troubles of the Rochester Americans, go for it. It is a predominantly Flyer dominated site, built up by a bunch of guys who came here to get away from trolls and flamers who just love hockey. Everyone is welcome and all opinions are as well.

The second is the guys in here, a great bunch of guys (and a few gals) who are passionate and diehards. Bring it Slick, hope you enjoy it here.

@SamSlick

Yes, welcome aboard!  :D

This place is 1000x better than the HFBoards.

Archived