Flyers top line.

Phlyer1

What has Schenn done?? One 20 goal season???

you tell me when Raffl scores 20 then... i'll wait...and i reckon i'll wait a long time. he's useful and better than opponents think but there was a reason he was playing in the tier 2 Swedish league and not North America when he was Schenn's age.

this team isn't going "anywhere" so why not see if "the best player not in the NHL- 2008"  can find some chemistry and usefulness with G and Jake,  its cheaper short term  if he does work out , and if he doesn't, there's the offseason to acquire "that guy" .  I don't see where this is even a problem.  It feels to me to be bitching just to bitch.  

@mojo1917  I also think Schenn has more offensive upside than Raffl. I just don't know if Schenn's offensive game can grow with those two, they just do not mesh at all....for whatever reason, it's kinda odd, not fitting in with 2 of the best players in the world. I think he's better served playing with Simmonds. Raffl is by no means the answer for top line winger, but he does seem to fit into the scheme of that line more efficiently. If...and only if he is ready, I'd love to see Leier inserted on that line for a 2 game experiment.....Tyler gets his feet wet and gets some confidence playing with G and V.

It feels to me to be bitching just to bitch.

I'm not bitching i've made my point Raffl is better for the 1st line and maybe even in the long run...you just don't like it you like unimpressive Schenn.

Raffl will score 20 this year he already has 13 in 41 games averaging only 14 minutes a game....3 less than Brayden.

Plus Raffl is better in his own zone and defensively as a whole.

you tell me when Raffl scores 20 then... i'll wait...and i reckon i'll wait a long time

You do realize he is only 7 away right now??

And i'm ok not agreeing on this it is ok....but i'd be ok to if he proves me wrong too.

Hey jammer,

Leier on that line is a very interesting concept. I always knew he was a great two way player but after the likes of Rattie etc moved on from the hawks, leier stepped up into a more offensive role while still being the captain. As I've always said, the kid is a gamer and has thrived in any role put into....who knows...he just could turn into a top line player with a complete game to balance out the skill guys.

I'm going to a hawks game against Calgary. Ie Sanheim and the other guy... Plus you mentioned Bitner a while back. His stock his rose a lot over the last few months. I always thought of him as a 2nd rounder as best. I'll check in on him and see how he is doing

I still see room for Schenn's game to grow.

I agree with this whole heartedly. He is just not doing it with G and Jake for whatever reason. I think he would be a more effective player with Simmonds and Read or Cooter. I would also keep VLC with Vandy and Bellemare. Those guys have been playing great together and generating a lot of scoring opportunities.

I agree with this whole heartedly. He is just not doing it with G and Jake for whatever reason. I think he would be a more effective player with Simmonds and Read or Cooter. I would also keep VLC with Vandy and Bellemare. Those guys have been playing great together and generating a lot of scoring opportunities.

I think he just struggles with wing. He's more involved in the play when he is at center and that in itself elevates his game.

I think he just struggles with wing. He's more involved in the play when he is at center and that in itself elevates his game.

yeah but when was the last time he played the pivot ? I know it's his natural position but he's had a year off from those duties in the "Chief system".  I like his game when he's going well.

he's an interesting case and is not improving steadily  he'll be really good one night and mostly invisible the next.  I see talent with him , i also see him figuring out how to affect the game, even if he's not getting "chances".  If we leave him be he'll start to "get it" i'm leary of yanking him around again.

I thought he was good with Simmonds when he was in the middle those guys were tough in the offensive zone, i also thought once they lost possession they had a tough time regaining it and thought they got pinned in the d-zone an awful lot. 

yeah but when was the last time he played the pivot ? I know it's his natural position but he's had a year off from those duties in the "Chief system". I like his game when he's going well.

he's an interesting case and is not improving steadily he'll be really good one night and mostly invisible the next. I see talent with him , i also see him figuring out how to affect the game, even if he's not getting "chances". If we leave him be he'll start to "get it" i'm leary of yanking him around again.

I thought he was good with Simmonds when he was in the middle those guys were tough in the offensive zone, i also thought once they lost possession they had a tough time regaining it and thought they got pinned in the d-zone an awful lot.

He is a bit of an enigma I guess, but my point is that we'd see more consistent play from him at center. He'd be unable to disappear. He should be our 3rd line center going forward in my opinion, with Simmonds and somebody speedy on the other wing.

Leier on that line is a very interesting concept. I always knew he was a great two way player but after the likes of Rattie etc moved on from the hawks, leier stepped up into a more offensive role while still being the captain. As I've always said, the kid is a gamer and has thrived in any role put into....who knows...he just could turn into a top line player with a complete game to balance out the skill guys.

It's quite an interesting concept for me also. Like I said, only if he is ready, but if he is deemed so, I'd love to insert him on that line and see how it goes. The fact that he is so fast guarantees he can keep up to G and V, and not a lot of current Flyers can do that. The fact he has good hands and is defensively responsible makes me want to see him all the more. I don't see the harm in trying it out for a few games.

Archived