Rinaldo is back

Samifan

The Flyers like Zac

It appears that way.

But here's the thing: Rinaldo does not make this team better right now considering the other options we have. What did VLC do so wrong on the 4th line? He's been a good soldier, kept his trap shut, and played a role that's clearly humiliating to him.

Meanwhile, Rinaldo gets suspended, bitches at the refs, comes back from his stupid suspension and gets immediately rewarded.

It's the wrong move on so many levels.

1. The one I just mentioned (he does not make the team better).

2. It further alienates the $4.5M player you have signed for the next 3 years.

3. It makes VLC even less tradeable.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did VLC do so wrong on the 4th line? He's been a good soldier, kept his trap shut, and played a role that's clearly humiliating to him.

It seems to me they are trying to get Vinny to loosen his NTC. Hextall to VLC, "Look Vinny, you(and Homer) have my hands tied and until you untie them I will have to use the ONLY means at my disposal to get you to do so. Sorry, but that is how it is going to be."

It seems to me they are trying to get Vinny to loosen his NTC. Hextall to VLC, "Look Vinny, you(and Homer) have my hands tied and until you untie them I will have to use the ONLY means at my disposal to get you to do so. Sorry, but that is how it is going to be."

I really gotta believe that the NTC is a loose as it is ever going to get.

They basically had carte blanche last summer and, by reports, allowed VLC's agent to seek deals as well.

The contract is an albatross. A boat anchor. An anvil.

#homercoaster

Without a doubt but I would still bet that Vinny wants no part of ANY far northern team after living in Florida for 13 or 14 years........

Yeah, I would imagine Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary are probably non-starters for him.

But I don't see where any of those three would want him, either. Tronno, too. He wouldn't help the Jets and the Flames are built differently.

I could see Montreal or Boston (if he was a clear one and done rental)

Florida might be an option if he was a rental or just to poke the eye of the Bolts.

But it's all a pipe dream and we didn't bring enough for everybody :)

Fellas this was a growing pain year and now you have a scope of the crackleing, popping and churning of growing pains.

Contracts we don't want, pieces hard to fit, budding stems to young to pluck and a time line to look after.

We will probably have another year of this growth spurt to look forward to.

Can someone explain to me why Zac is in the lineup??

It doesn't make sense if they are trying to win. If they are playing for a draft pick then i guess it does...but i know they ain't tanking.

Zac should be waived.

PLEASE PLEASE WAIVE RINALDO.

OMG there is much better talent in Phantoms if Vinny must be scratched. Bring back Straka or Laughton for the last 15 games

With his ENERGETIC performance in Jersey yesterday, Rinaldo is now a sterling -10 on the year. Oh, and he has LESS POINTS on the season then our freakin goalie.

Glad Hextall gave him an extension before the season because with those numbers he definitely could have gotten more money from the Flyers if they had to negotiate a new deal this Summer. Good job Hexy, looks like you got a steal! <NINJA>

@doom88

Read likely gets a pass on an off season...and still in an off season has more points than Zac does in his entire career.

Sure, but you'd think more TOI would lead to more accountability. Rinaldo is basically a breather for the actual scorers.

Sure, but you'd think more TOI would lead to more accountability. Rinaldo is basically a breather for the actual scorers.

Part of it could be that Read is just pretty much invisible on the ice while Rinaldo gets attention - and not necessarily the "good" kind.

Read, for example, has 14 PIMs in 66 games while Rinaldo has 92 in 43...

(Not "blaming" Rinaldo for "two minutes for being Zac Rinaldo" but not ignoring that "two minutes for being Zac Rinaldo" is a thing, either (and not saying you are ignoring it))

Archived