• Rangers in 4 (Sweep)
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 7
    • Penguins in 4 (Sweep)
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

Color me crazy, but I'm more optimistic for the Pens after tonights game.   We played the game tight with a the Rangers even with the crappy officiating in the first period.  If that is the standard for penalties, we are going to get our fair share of Power Plays, and need to take advantage of them.

Fleury played well, I don't fault him on either goal.   

You can see us struggle with the transition without Maatta, Letang or Pouliot in the lineup.  But I think we can neutralize the stretch passes of the Rangers with structure, and turn the play with transition.  Need better deep dumps into the corners with speed on the forecheck.  Too many wings stationary at the blue line on the dumps,  everyone needs to be moving forward on the dump. 

I'm going to up my estimate and say we win two games.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Color me crazy, but I'm more optimistic for the Pens after tonights game. We played the game tight with a the Rangers even with the crappy officiating in the first period. If that is the standard for penalties, we are going to get our fair share of Power Plays, and need to take advantage of them.

Fleury played well, I don't fault him on either goal.

You can see us struggle with the transition without Maatta, Letang or Pouliot in the lineup. But I think we can neutralize the stretch passes of the Rangers with structure, and turn the play with transition. Need better deep dumps into the corners with speed on the forecheck. Too many wings stationary at the blue line on the dumps, everyone needs to be moving forward on the dump.

I'm going to up my estimate and say we win two games.

I was pleasantly surprised despite the officiating tryouts. We'll see game two...

Al Qaeda vs ISIS.

Narrated by Doc Emrick. It's just too much. Too much.

My daughter was asking why i was watching this game " you hate both those teams, dad "  and I told her, "no sweetie, no matter who wins I'll be happy because a team I hate will lose..." in a way it's a dream scenario,  only a black hole swallowing the consul energy center during game 4 would be better.

I wonder if there is a way we can get a menage-a-trois and sneak the devils into the series.?...

I thought the officiating in game one was odd. The Pens definitely got jobbed on two calls for sure.

that said, it was also odd to watch the Rangers be so patient especially on the power play , it seems they don't respect the Pens speed ...which could cost them, not used to seeing a team disrespect the Pens the way the Rangers did.  If the Rangers keep that up they'll lose the series.

The Rangers got that first goal off the rush by putting the puck on Fluery then after that... they waited for the "best shot"  it's not basketball, if they get guys in front of 29 and put pucks on him they'll have success, i don't know why they stopped doing that, it wasn't puck pressure until the third period.

I think Pgh fans should feel pretty good about that game.  The Pens carried the play for two of the three periods. The difference in the teams records isn't really reflected on the ice, Fluery can steal this series.  

My daughter was asking why i was watching this game " you hate both those teams, dad "  and I told her, "no sweetie, no matter who wins I'll be happy because a team I hate will lose..." in a way it's a dream scenario,  only a black hole swallowing the consul energy center during game 4 would be better.

I wonder if there is a way we can get a menage-a-trois and sneak the devils into the series.?...

I tried but I just couldn't do it. Two teams I hate and play by play by a guy who makes me want to puncture my own eardrums. It was too dangerous, too much hate.

I thought the officiating in game one was odd. The Pens definitely got jobbed on two calls for sure.

that said, it was also odd to watch the Rangers be so patient especially on the power play , it seems they don't respect the Pens speed ...which could cost them, not used to seeing a team disrespect the Pens the way the Rangers did.  If the Rangers keep that up they'll lose the series.

The Rangers got that first goal off the rush by putting the puck on Fluery then after that... they waited for the "best shot"  it's not basketball, if they get guys in front of 29 and put pucks on him they'll have success, i don't know why they stopped doing that, it wasn't puck pressure until the third period.

I think Pgh fans should feel pretty good about that game.  The Pens carried the play for two of the three periods. The difference in the teams records isn't really reflected on the ice, Fluery can steal this series.  

Dumb penalties. WTH was Downie thinking??? They have to play better. Even though the PK was OK, you can't spend that much time on the PK and expect to match the Rangers in scoring chances.

Last year's team would have been more likely to fold after a goal :28 seconds in.  Even more so being down 2-0.  I liked that they hung in, cut it to 2-1 and had a few chances to tie.

Biggest positive takeaway was Fleury.

Disappointing result but it at least keeps what little optimism I have left alive.

you're correct in saying fleury could steal this series! Problem is he won't! When the team starts to score he will turn into Swiss cheese!

Archived