Pens and Rangers series

notfondajane

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear the officiating is tilted... Then they call a phantom call on the Rags and miss the delay call so fair enough... But it seems the refs are calling preseason make a point hockey on the Pens while the Rags get playoff leniency... Anyone else feel this way or are my fever and fatigue getting the better of me,

I swear the officiating is tilted... Then they call a phantom call on the Rags and miss the delay call so fair enough... But it seems the refs are calling preseason make a point hockey on the Pens while the Rags get playoff leniency... Anyone else feel this way or are my fever and fatigue getting the better of me,

The hooking and holding that the Rangers are getting away with is unreal.  If you are going to call it tight, call it tight. But you have to call them all, not just what one team does.  Watch the Rangers forecheck, its all hooks.

Well there's the split away.  I thought they played a great game despite the officiating tonight.   Penalty killers gotta get a lot of credit for this one.  Seven power plays for the Rangers, really? 

Gotta see if I can find a video of whoever it was that was skating past Kreider after Kreider got the tripping penalty at the end.  With all their power plays, he's incredulous that he was called for something and is lying there complaining.  It looked like one of the Pens skated past making rubbing eyes crying motion.  Gotta see if I got that right.

Well there's the split away.  I thought they played a great game despite the officiating tonight.   Penalty killers gotta get a lot of credit for this one.  Seven power plays for the Rangers, really? 

Gotta see if I can find a video of whoever it was that was skating past Kreider after Kreider got the tripping penalty at the end.  With all their power plays, he's incredulous that he was called for something and is lying there complaining.  It looked like one of the Pens skated past making rubbing eyes crying motion.  Gotta see if I got that right.

Best game since the the deadline VS the Blues and Ducks, No question. Loved late in the game they went 1-3-1 to shutdown and disrupt the Rangers off the rush. Kunitz played a mixed bag, started awful, got better him and 87 turned the tide, Cole is a frigging rock, Hope they keep him around on the cheap, Dumoulin did a hell of a job loved when he got in I believe it was Krider's face and basically shadowed him back to the blue line, Haven't seen a guy do that since Carboneau was in his prime, Even more impressive he's a defenceman and played it like a checking forward.

I know they are direct division rivals, so I should have a good bead on their roster....but I literally had no idea Sutter was that fast, that rush where he hit the goalpost, he was FLYING!!  He looked solid tonight...and SId looked and acted like an experienced vet. Nice game by the Pens with half of their defense missing. Everybody sucked it up for this hard earned win at the MSG.

I know they are direct division rivals, so I should have a good bead on their roster....but I literally had no idea Sutter was that fast, that rush where he hit the goalpost, he was FLYING!!  He looked solid tonight...and SId looked and acted like an experienced vet. Nice game by the Pens with half of their defense missing. Everybody sucked it up for this hard earned win at the MSG.

Jammer, he rarely shows that.   That is the Sutter that we'd love to see all the time.   He tends to be REAL conservative.  But on the PK, sometimes you have to take chances.  

Good to see Sid on the PK too.  I think that gives a little extra for the Rangers to think about.  Also you don't want him sitting on the bench for most of a period like he did in the first game.

The calls were so lopsided at first I seriously started to wonder if the NHL really does try to help large market teams advance for the $$. But I'm glad our boys came out on top. Big win and big momentum shift. Can't wait for game 3!

Good to see Sid on the PK too.

Geez, due to all the Pens penalty's....he only played 16 and a half minutes last game....that is not nearly enough. By comparison, Getzlaf played 24 and change last night. I think I'd put Sid on the PK anyways, but at the rate the Pens are taking PIM's....they have no choice unless they want to see Sid's minutes dip under 15!  You wanna win a championship, there just *has* to be more discipline.

Geez, due to all the Pens penalty's....he only played 16 and a half minutes last game....that is not nearly enough. By comparison, Getzlaf played 24 and change last night. I think I'd put Sid on the PK anyways, but at the rate the Pens are taking PIM's....they have no choice unless they want to see Sid's minutes dip under 15! You wanna win a championship, there just *has* to be more discipline.

Bud the officiating has really been odd. The calls against us have been over the to the point where it seems body contact is illegal. But the Rags can do anything they want out there.. Until they get some crap call if a phantom tripping.. It's very weird!

Bud the officiating has really been odd. The calls against us have been over the to the point where it seems body contact is illegal. But the Rags can do anything they want out there.. Until they get some crap call if a phantom tripping.. It's very weird!

What goes around comes around?

The thing that nuts me nuts about Suts is he's so frigging inconsistent all around, Some games he's flying, winning battles, getting great changes and just be dominating, Then go through long stretches where it looks like he has no clue what he's doing and lose battles against guys half his size, and over pass by 8 feet. I like him and all but he can frustrate the hell out of you.

Regular season is agree... There are games we're favorite sons and games we're the red headed step child. This entire season we've been the step child as out PP against bears out even more than Downie's antics. But in the playoffs, part of the problem the Pens have had advancing had been the obstruction. They "let them play" is the excuse. But this series so far they're letting the Rags play mostly (minus the phantom trip call) and letting the Pens sit.

The Rangers better pick it up or they will be golfing.

I thought the Pens played an excellent road game Saturday. I thought the officiating was atrocious.  If the calls are that lopsided in Pgh for the Pens they could be back in NYC looking to close this out.  I know it's one game and really the Pens just took home ice away, but the way both teams played Saturday it looks like the Pens win all day everyday if the effort is duplicated by both squads... the 0-5 on the Power play for the Rags had to just kill them, i know they got one in the 3rd but by then they were done.  Too many fancy dan drop passes and **** that may work in the regular season....but never in the playoffs.  I can see where the Pgh wing of our community is feeling pretty good about this series. 

@Lionel Hutz  I can't get over how much Sutter plays like his old man, Brent. It's like going back in a time capsule, same exact skating stride, same gritty effort....but I think his dad was a much more prolific scorer and had a higher hockey IQ....but that is really the only thing that separated them.

@mojo1917   If the Pens can manage to stay out of the penalty box, my Pens in 5 games prediction could just come true. Any idea when the Pens injured d-men could come back....are some due back during this series.....or are they long term things....I have no idea, but I believe they are better than the Rags with just half of their regular defense is there...which is really something.

If for no other reason, the Pens need to stay out of the box so Crosby can play more than 16 mins per game. That has to move up to 19 or 20 if they want to make a long run.

Nah. Complaining is more credible coming from us. We tend not complain about every call that goes against us in every game every year.  ;)  :ph34r:

Nah. Complaining is more credible coming from us. We tend not complain about every call that goes against us in every game every year.  ;)  :ph34r:

1 of you 4 Pens fans has become a prolific complainer when it comes to officiating...which is about the same as the 250 Flyer fans on here doing it.  :thumbsu:

1 of you 4 Pens fans has become a prolific complainer when it comes to officiating...which is about the same as the 250 Flyer fans on here doing it. :thumbsu:

I'll gladly complain about the officiating this season and it's well deserved. The second half of the season they might as well not have any refs on the ice. I've said it repeatedly, and not just in Pens games. I've complained repeatedly it's a league wide issue. And watching this series, even Flyers fans have noted the one sided affair. It's disgusting. I'm joining the Lemieux anti-officiating bandwagon.

Archived