The NHL Bracket Challenge

Yorick

That looks cool, but I don't know if I'd be capable of avoiding homerism this year. Lol

I'm gonna fill one of those out....but I was thinking the same....I have been dreaming of a TBL-MIN Finals for years...and it sure would be tempting to set up that bracket so that happens..... :D

I'm gonna fill one of those out....but I was thinking the same....I have been dreaming of a TBL-MIN Finals for years...and it sure would be tempting to set up that bracket so that happens..... :D

Hurry up and get your bracket done!!!  :D

Too bad there isn't an @Everybody tag....  :cool[1]:

There are several teams that are more than capable of winning the Cup this year and it could very well end up being a Rangers-Blues SCF.  I am going with Blackhawks vs. Canadiens, with Montreal winning it in 7 and becoming the first Canadian team to win Lord Stanley since 1993 when the Canadiens last won it. I had originally picked Tampa Bay-Chicago with the Lightning winning the Cup at the start of the season, but I think Price is going to show a lot of people that he is deserving of the regular season MVP and also the Conn Smythe and be HUGE for his team.

2015 NHL Bracket Challenge.pdf

Hurry up and get your bracket done!!!  :D

Too bad there isn't an @Everybody tag....  :cool[1]:

Just did mine this morning. Had to do some thinking on it.....and resist the urge to go all homer and put the Wild and Lightning in the Finals  ;)

post-1129-0-00787500-1429015036_thumb.jp

After some thinking, some of my bracket picks differ from my original picks in the corresponding threads.

For instance, I originally had the Canucks taking a close series, but decided now that it will be Calgary with the mild upset in that same close series.

I also originally had the Ducks winning in 7 on the thread, but decided now that they will pull a shocker and get rid of the Jets in 5...big, big series by the Ducks main 3 (Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler)...and a player or two from Anaheim that no one is thinking about steps to the forefront.

Resisting the urge to 'homer up' my brackets, I have the Wild beating St. Louis, but suffering yet MORE heartache against the Hawks...because, you know, Patrick Kane will be back and continue to be problematic for Minnesota....

And I have the Lightning making it to the East Finals....but failing against a Caps team (underrated Caps team...these guys may be better than people think!) as Wash makes their way to the Cup Finals where THEY pull off the upset and take out Anaheim who thought they had this thing won!  :D

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/

Well I cannot get it to print.

First round:

Hawks over Preds

Blues over Wild

Ducks over Jets

'Nucks over Flames

Second round:

Blues over Hawks

Ducks over 'Nucks

Conf. Final

Blues over Ducks

EAST

Habs over Senators

Wings over Lightning

Rangers over Pens

Caps over Isles

2nd round

Canadiens over Wings

Rangers over Capitals

Conference finals

Canadiens over Rangers

Stanley Cup Finals

Blues defeat the Canadiens in 6 games

Just did mine this morning. Had to do some thinking on it.....and resist the urge to go all homer and put the Wild and Lightning in the Finals  ;)

attachicon.gifTFG Bracket.JPG

After some thinking, some of my bracket picks differ from my original picks in the corresponding threads.

For instance, I originally had the Canucks taking a close series, but decided now that it will be Calgary with the mild upset in that same close series.

I also originally had the Ducks winning in 7 on the thread, but decided now that they will pull a shocker and get rid of the Jets in 5...big, big series by the Ducks main 3 (Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler)...and a player or two from Anaheim that no one is thinking about steps to the forefront.

Resisting the urge to 'homer up' my brackets, I have the Wild beating St. Louis, but suffering yet MORE heartache against the Hawks...because, you know, Patrick Kane will be back and continue to be problematic for Minnesota....

And I have the Lightning making it to the East Finals....but failing against a Caps team (underrated Caps team...these guys may be better than people think!) as Wash makes their way to the Cup Finals where THEY pull off the upset and take out Anaheim who thought they had this thing won!  :D

Good stuff!

I think my biggest risk is probably having the Capitals and Ducks wiped out in the first round. :)

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/

Well I cannot get it to print.

First round:

Hawks over Preds

Blues over Wild

Ducks over Jets

'Nucks over Flames

Second round:

Blues over Hawks

Ducks over 'Nucks

Conf. Final

Blues over Ducks

EAST

Habs over Senators

Wings over Lightning

Rangers over Pens

Caps over Isles

2nd round

Canadiens over Wings

Rangers over Capitals

Conference finals

Canadiens over Rangers

Stanley Cup Finals

Blues defeat the Canadiens in 6 games

I like and agree with a lot of your picks, but I just can't convince myself to pick the Blues over the Blackhawks because they haven't proven they can beat them when it matters.

Listening to NHL Network as I type this, and EJ Hradek is doing HIS bracket...

He's got in the West:

St. L  over Min R1

Chi over Nsh R1

Wpg over Ana R1

Cgy over Van R1

St.L over Chi   R2

Wpg over Cgy R2

St.L over Wpg WCF

Over in the East:

TB over Det R1

Ott over Mon R1

NYR over Pit R1

Wsh over NYI R1

TB over Ott R2

NYR over Wsh R2

NYR over TB in the ECF

New York Rangers over the St. Louis Blues in the Finals.

@FD19372

I wrestled with that too for the same reasons, but Taresenko and Schwartz and even Shattenkirk have given this team a new lease on life, they are not the same old Blues. I think they will take the Hawks in six.

Sorry I'm late to the game here. But I created a public league for the site called HockeyForums.NET

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/#/league/93245

I set it up as a public league so I don't believe there is a password.

here is my bracket

my bracket.jpg

I'm not sure how to post a picture from my phone, but our brackets are exactly the same haha :D

I'm not sure how to post a picture from my phone, but our brackets are exactly the same haha :D

I believe you.  I really wanted to choose the Wild. lol.  After watching each of the game 1s the Wild  / Rangers would be a fast low scoring battle.

Not that you need to post it, but you should be able to take a screen shot with your phone, and then add it via an attachment, by clicking on the grey box next to "Post"  [ More Reply Options]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived